Home Chat General Chat

Online Shopping - Trisuit Needed

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone advise me on the best place for buying good quality tri-gear online. I live in the North East and we do not have a dedicated tri clothing retailer nearby. I need to trisuit and the one I recently ordered is apparently now discontinued (Orca).

I usually but from Wiggle but they seem to have little or no stock of trisuits...where else can I look?

Cheers folks,

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    Try total fitness nottingham on www.tfn.co.uk or try sigma sports on www.sigmasports.co.uk , I've used both these companies and their delivery time is good and they generally have a good stock of most things. Bare in mind this time of year there arn't many sales on. Alternatively, if your close to Windsor this weekend, windsor triathlon have an expo with many large triathlon shops there with the possibilty of some good deals.

Good luck!
  • Thanks MG. I have a friend who lives in Windsor. May ask her to pop in for me as she may well be watching the event anyway. In the meantime, I will check out the siotes you mentioned.

Thanks very much
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Hi mate, I think you are in a pretty unfortunate situation having no tri-shops near by. As there arent too many tri specific shops around I guess its a situation many people find themselves in. Luckily I live in leeds so we have some good shops close by, Triangle in leeds and Tricentral in Mancy town.

The problem with ordering stuff of the internet is fit, especially when it comes to trisuits,wetsuits and shoes. When I bought a new suit recently I tried quite a few on, and found that I fitted nicely into a medium Ironman one, but not into the medium 2XU one, and couldnt even get the saucony one past me waist! There is a huge variability in size and fit and because a trisuit is supposed to be very well fitting, if it even slightly baggy or too tight it will be horrible in the race.

So my advice is a bit of travelling may be in order. Where exactly do you live? It is worth travelling an hour or maybe two to a decent shop where you can try on the suits. Maybe if you havent got a wetsuit and was planning on getting one this is an oppotunity to try on a few of those aswell, even if you dont buy it you will know which ones from which companies fit you well.
  • Hi Tommi,

You could be right. I don't want to go forking out £60 odd quid on sth that doesn't fit. I live in Newcastle. Perhaps a day off work and a trip to Leeds is on the cards. problem is, once I get into a store, i will go crazy and yet another credit card will be maxed out!!! All good fun though. Which shop in Leeds would you reccommend?
  • JonbrownJonbrown Posts: 10
    How about Start Fitness they are based in Newcastle and used to have a shop in city centre although I've not been lately so could have moved. From their website their address is 77 - 79 Bedford Street, North Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE29 6QF Also on their website- http://www.startfitness.co.uk/acatalog/MensOrca2008.html

Appears they have 2008 kit in stock and some earlier year stuff.
  • transittransit Posts: 163
    Went in StartFitness in Newcastle today. Address is 49 Pilgrim St (one of the main shopping streets). Has a number of mens tri suits - 1 and 2 piece and a limited no. of womens 1 piece and a few two piece womens (with short shorts). Hope that helps