Home Chat General Chat

HRM/Watch

Hi there

Can anyone recommend an all singing, all dancing HRM/watch? I want something that will be able to not just be a HRM but also measure my strides with a food pod and then do calorie calculations, lap times etc etc.

Not sure which one to go for.

H

Comments

• Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    Be wary of Suunto. They do all the bells and whistles but the software that it uses isn't the most user friendly. Unless they've updated the user-friendliness of the t6 since I got mine 2 years ago.

Anyone any thoughts on Garmin?
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    hi guys

i got the garmin 50 and it does all i need, hr, lap times, calories, time spent in zones etc. you can get a footpod and a wireless cadence sensor too so should be all the information you need! waterproof too so you can wear it on the swim (wont pick up heart rate though)my only gripe is the watch memory is limited to 8 hours and as i'm training for ironman i find myself constantly having to delete workouts as the memory is full!

brilliant little gadget and cheap too, i didnt get the footpod (as i use nike + ipod gizmo for tracking my running) but got the cadence sensor (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360022364&N=Garmin%20GSC10%20Speed/Cadence%20Sensor) and watch and HRM from wiggle (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360032059&N=Garmin%20Forerunner%2050%20With%20Heart%20Rate%20Monitor) for about £100
  • i agree with jon g, got a garmin 50 and its ace, far better and easier to use than anything Polar has to offer and abargain to boot!!!

cheers

PiP
  • dannymackdannymack Posts: 58
    agree on garmin 50. really goodfor hr, speed, distance, calories etc for c£100 (wiggle or amazon). you can also get a speed/cadence sensor to go on your bike that links remotely to the watch (if you don't already have that stuff on your steed).
  • HarriHarri Posts: 40
    Thanks everyone - got the Garmin 50 after all the good reviews from you lot and it's tops!

H
  • JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    Ive got a Garmin 305, and that is all singing and dancing. But if you worry about size then the 50 is smaller