Home Chat General Chat

Should I write another book?

What would you write it on?

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    How Triathlon Ruined My Life ..Again.

How Writing A Book Ruined My Life, Ruined by Triathlon.

Stop me when you have heard enough....

How To Ruin Your Life & Triathlon by Writing A Book.
  • No need to bother with this whole publishing malarky - just post it on here!!
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    As I am in the stages of writing my own book at the moment, I would say NO!!! dont do it to yourself! Mine is killing me, as I am having to do mountains of research!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    'Oh go on,go on ,go on,go on,you know you will you will you will'.

with apologises to Mrs Doyle.
  • Do it Cone head ... that was the funniest, most truthful and yet inspiring thing that i've read... even Mrs PiP enjoyed it
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    go for it, although I have no witty suggestions for titles, you'll have to come up with your own

;-)

Great book though.
  • Conehead... I may be talking out of turn but I feel sure that no-one would want to claim royalties from you, especially seeing as you donated them all last time to a good cause!!

Gunna show my ignorance and ask what a deca is..

but honestly, you have a talent... exploit it to the max.. and to think, you just used to jump out of planes for kicks!!!

Cheers

PiP
    Royalties to charity,and just a name in a book would satisfy most people I think.

As for parachuting did you do any HALO (not the video game)?????
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    I'm off on holiday in a couple of weeks so hoping to finally get round to reading your book Conehead. So if you can get your next one published by the end of July when I get back that'd be just fine and dandy thanks.. [:D]
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Go for the royalties, what with inflation, credit crunch, the price of carbon etc..& a picture credit, if you use a title thats 2 lots of royalties..altho I would accept a lump sum, picture on the fly leaf etc...not really charity, name check that would do...& a beer if we ever meet at a race!
  • I like the idea of the triathlon anecdotes...ideally with plenty of laughs. Much as I enjoyed 'Becoming an Ironman' it is a little earnest at times and let's face it, we don't need to take ourselves too seriously do we?
  • BARNYBARNY Posts: 157
    Rather you didn't mate...
    I only ask because I thought this was a picture of you

http://www.efluids.com/efluids/gallery/gallery_pages/rocketman.jsp

I guess they don't let Rockapes jump from too great a height because it gives you too much time to think[:D].

The story behind the picture (if you can see the video it is abit of a laugh)is that the guy,Bruno Gouvy tried to go supersonic by strapping a 50kg metal weight to his head,which I suppose makes him an Honourary Ironman.
    Maybe call the book ''Always Two-Tyred Too Tri''.

At least you had a parachute,I did know an Omani gentleman who took a banzai leap out of a Puma,which would have been ok if the wheels were on the ground,but at 30ft he left a small crater.

• andysvenandysven Posts: 10
    i'd read another one - have to admit (sadly?) there was a lot i could identify with in the first one!

would happily contribute any of the many comedy errors i've made, although given some of you may have witnessed them they might already be in there anyhow!
  • stevedavis82stevedavis82 Posts: 110
    Finished the book last night....found it really enjoyable and funny at times. Inspirational tale and would read more if you have any others in your locker.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    My copy turned up yesterday. Looking forward to reading it over the next week.