Home Chat General Chat

Wheel options - does the team think...?

ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
As in my other post (The Old Question - which bike etc)

Got some barely used Easton EA70's from a friend (thanks Gary) and swapped those for the Easton Vistas that were fitted to my Focus Tria.

What do you reckon - do I sell the Vistas as new on ebay or keep them with a set of wet weather rubbers for when it's honking down?

I am inclined to keep them as not convinced I would get a lot for them and it would give me that race day flexibilty to swap the wheels rather than prat about taking tyres off, putting them back on, taking them off again etc and possibly damaging the rims and tyres in the process.

As always your thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Sounds like a good idea keeping them as wet weather spares.

As you say if you sell them on ebay, by the time you have taken out sellers and paypal fees you will not end up with much money.

You can always keep them them for a bit, see if you use them, and see if anyone you know is interested.
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    i was in the same quandry when i upgraded my standard wheels. i've kept the originals as training/wet weather wheels and use my upgraded wheels for racing on. i feel really nippy when i swap them out!
  • keeping them for wet/training rides is the best idea . i've got a set of alx270's for mine , thought about ebaying them but not worth much so kept them
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Thanks for your replies

Decided I'll keep them for the wet etc, was a bit concerned I would get shouted down for not being a real man unless I rode slicks even if there was black ice and horizontal freezing rain