Home Chat General Chat

Which is your favourite TT bike?

Argon 18 Mercury and Cervelo P3.

Since the pounds are so strong and the dollars are relatively weak. i was thinking about going to NY in our upcoming bank holiday and purchase a TT bike. Bikes over here are ridiculously expensive. what we pay here for a bike can get almost get you two in the states.

Comments

• jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Not up on the bike but any idea about customs charges? How much would you have to pay to get the back back into Blighty?
  • guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    If you put it in a bike bag after riding it surely you are not still liable for import duty as you have used it or it could be second hand. Only thoughts don't know from a legal standpoint.
  • TimoteiTimotei Posts: 50
    just ride it for couple times and put it in the bike case. it wont be a problem
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Crafty.... great idea!

Jaz
  • Not strictly legal, but if the shop is prepared to be a bit flexible, then you could ask them to send the bike mailorder and write the doc's out stating the bike is free issue for a team member or it's down for testing or something similar that shows it as not being sold.

For many years, I was a pro bmx'er and regulary would get bikes sent free from the USA. Once a bike didnt have a listed value and the customs people kindly impounded it until they could declare a value.

I know of a few BMX shops in the states which have sent bikes to the UK mail order and written a lower value than that of the sale for the sake of customs and there's never been any questions at customs as far as I've heard.

If nothing else, then if you are going to hand carry it, then they will have no way of telling if you've brought it from the UK with you and are just returning with it.

Good luck with whatever method you choose.
  • Currentley riding a Quintana Roo Seduza and I have to say it is amazing!! I just need to upgrade the wheels now, but that can wait a year or so.

RE: buying in the states

I was thinking of doing the same, Have my eye on a Felt road bike.

Scott