Home Chat General Chat

Sram Vs Shimano

Hi i going to upgrade the gears on my bike to ethiter [ul][*]Shimano ultegra [/ul] [ul][*]Sram rival[/ul] I was wondering what you thought of the two group sets

and what you would recomend?

Andy

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Save the money and buy a spell checker instead.

With the arrival of the 10 ring ,wait a couple of months and watch prices drop.

• I would but the trade price goes up at the end of the mouth
  • lowther76lowther76 Posts: 74
    I have Ultergra SL on my Cervelo and it works perfectly and looks good. Seems to be good enough and is a pretty good price. Not sure how helpful that is but hey!
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    When you say gears, what parts are we talking? Cassette and crankset? or are we talking like derailleurs, shifters etc? or all of it?
  • I was planning to use a ultegra crank but was not sure on what shifters and mechs etc.
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    not having used either, but i WANT sram rival. slowtwitch guys like it and they know more than me!
  • dannymackdannymack Posts: 58
    Perhaps ultegra would shade it out of these two.

As ultegra sl has been out for a while now out you can pick up old style ultegra set for v cheap (c£300 for everything). Considering it was the second top groupset offered by Shimano only just over a year ago that is pretty damn good.

I've ridden (and am about to buy) a bike with sram Force. I like their stuff. Never tried Rival but I imagine its also good. Perhaps priced too high though - I might just be saying/thinking that as its the bottom of their range.
  • it is the lowest one in there range but they

think its about as good as ultegra in specs etc.

Andy

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    how do the prices compare on the bits you want?
  • I got the full sram group(not including crank) set for about £200 today

i have havent fitted it yet but it does look/feel very nice

Andy

nice one andy! where did you buy from?
  • I work in a bike shop i get it all at trade price goes
    you lucky devil![:)]