Home Chat General Chat

Bike Wobble

Hi,

I hope someone can help me fix a problem with my bike concerning wobble at speed.

This season I have noticed that my bike starts to wobble when I go over 35KPH. I've checked all the usual - tire alignment, pressures, play in the stem and they all seem to be OK. I bought the bike 2 years ago and had it built to suit me.

Has anyone had this problem in the past and any ideas how to stop it happening.

Many thanks

Comments

• DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Hi Nigel

Have you change your set up at all? I have heard that putting too much weight over the front wheel, (high saddle low bars too much reach) will make the front wheel unstable & wobble, especially downhill.

David
  • NigelNigel Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply.

No I haven't changed the set up since last season.

However having too much weigh too far forward does strike a cord with what I've found when riding in that if I purposely sit further back in the seat stability does improve.

I think I'll have a look at moving my seat back so the natural seated position is further back and hopefully it won't effect my reach too much.

Thanks
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Nig

Have a read of this monoths 220 s there is an article there about bik setup and it is quite in depth, the last paragraph mentions bike instability if the reach is too long and the weight too far forward.

David