Home Chat General Chat

Tri220 Tri Team??

Just wondering if setting up a team in the name of 220 has ever arisen?? If so could it be featured in the magazine as amateurs performing and the training they do?? Would anybody be willing to start it up? get Tri suits? Train together at points around the UK???

We have so much experience and potential why not try to compete together??

Any ideas or thoughts?

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    good idea but the de facto logistics and tactics not to mention internal rivalries (competitive hatreds) ..... I hate all my close rivals, I like my subordinate and I admire my betters - as long as they are 10 years younger than me!..... would soon surface. Why not produce a top available ONLY through the forum, and that way we can meet and support (and hate) each other if it comes to pass
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    I love the idea but agree with treefrog - the logistics would be a nightmare for most of us!

A top or trisuit design tickles me greatly - any budding atrists or designers out there?

I don't hate you guys - yet! I only hate people when they take me on the course, then I just love them again when I stop and the pain goes away!
  • ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    Strange. I was wondering if any of the guys and gals posting ever met up and I thought about suggesting an informal Tri220 championship event next year.

Something along the lines of picking an event for next season and then everyone entering and having some sort of get together at the event. Haven't really got any furhter than that. I guess it would need to be a multi distance event to cater for differing needs.

I suspect there would be some issues around the location but is it worth considering.

This is why I don't like long runs of night shifts. Sooner or later I end up having silly ideas.
  • stevedavis82stevedavis82 Posts: 110
    Alot of people are doing the London Tri, lots of bars around there, i'm a London boy (well actually a nottinghamshire lad now living and working in the big smoke) so could find a nice bar outside for post race drinks and stories???

Any takers?
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    It is a realistic proposition as Tritalk (ok I mentioned another forum and will accept the 50 lashes but it is very clique,you are either in or out).That forum runs one as a club and forum participants get club discount on events as it is recognised by BTA.Also Volcano tri is a club for triathletes who are isolated due to work or travel logistic problems,all it needs is a willing volunteer to co-ordinate
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    if a top/jersey was available through the forum I would buy one... assuming it is decent quality
    I feel a tritalk vs 220 race comin on...

[:D]

If we're goin down the route of a get together, could I suggest we target a few across the country. Much as I love our southern chums, I live near Aberdeen and gettin to london takes forever and costs as much as a decent frame!

No reason why we can't set up a team, get it registered with BTA or, indeed, STA (being the superior organisation!)

Who knows how to do it then?

Would 220 mag be prepared to assist with the team strip? cash, design help...??
    I have emailed the editor about my idea and have said that it could even be featured in the magazine each month....races positions, training, nutrition etc...think people would be generally interested in this. I know i would like to read about how amateurs cope with training and nutrition, work and family life!!!

I however have no idea about how to register with BTA to run as a club/team. But look into it on the BTA website.

We could set up get togethers at big events e.g. London, Blenheim, IMUK/70.3, amongst others.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Like the ideas out here, not sure if easy doable though. Lets hope 220 likes this stuff stevedavis.

Oh , by the way , I expect that 220 tri-shirt in my post anytime soon. [>:]
    I've made some enquiries. Would cost £40 to register a team (club) and we just have to get our individual race licenses after that.

I have requested a form, happy to undertake the project if there are no objection?

Now for the hard part - the name??

May I suggest "team 220"? controversial I know...

Any problems with using the 220 name?
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Myself and Bristol newbie have managed to meet up and it is good to see who you have been talking to and exchanging ideas with.

As for more of us meeting, London seems the best spot as there are so many from the forum taking part.

Surely 220 will have some sort of stand at the expo so why not try and meet people there.

I am racing on the sunday 35-39 group Olympic race and once my time of race is displayed i will put this on the forum if others do the same we can then get together pre/post race.

Enjoy your season and hope to see some of you in the smoke....

[:)]
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    how about 'The red carbon porridge brigade' !!!!!!
  • LindsLinds Posts: 124
    TommiTri wrote:

Surely you mean "The SHAVED red carbon porridge brigade" [:D]
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Linds wrote:
    ORIGINAL: TommiTri

Surely you mean "The SHAVED red carbon porridge brigade" [:D]

or for Treefrog the ''ZERO fat shaved red carbon porridge brigade''
    Sounds good on the registration front and meeting up guys. As for the team name we may have to get clearence from the Editor or something. He has not replied to my email yet!!! Lazy git.

But i reckon get some ideas down and then vote on it??
  • I'm definitely up for it, that's if Newbies to the forum are allowed?!?

Seems like an awesome idea. THink we should definitely get the 220 in the team name somewhere mind.

Flipflopman
  • mike_trimike_tri Posts: 60
    i'm defo up for it but would have to get lifts off my parents so there would have to be one sumwere in the midlands, how about if we had one for each district. dunno if thats right, is the midlands a district 0r have i got the wrong word???? and then the name could come from the distrcit i.e. 220 midlands or 220 northumbria. then we could also have internal championships.

what do you guys think????
    Think you mean region mate, but good idea!
  • mike_trimike_tri Posts: 60
    thanks for that tommi. region, district, county. there all the same if you ask me. no wonder i always get lost on the run...
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    I'm going to be over watching London, so would be great to meet up
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Loving the idea. I used to race for a team in SE London but moved away and live a fair distance from any half decent clubs. A 'forum' club sounds pretty cool!

I think our tri-suits should have our forum names on them! Think some would be hilarious on the race course![image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]
  • pacmanpacman Posts: 109
    Hi guys I think that would be great - based in Irreland so wouldn't be able to meet up all that often but I race in the UK at least once a year. At IMFR this year there were at least 30 people with 'Pirates' gear on from what I understand they were all from the Runners World site (will take lashes Jon E). They got great support and were very supportive of each other. I think that even racing in gear that identifies you as part of a crew at events gives you a boost.
  • Think the idea of a 220 team is brilliant. Tri tops may not be ideal for everybody as those of us that wear tri suits probably wouldn't use them so much. Maybe a training top or hoodie would be more appropriate and versatile??? As for meeting up, would be great to put faces to names!! With regard to registering as a team with the BTA, when you then register individually can you be a member of more than one club/team??
  • Also, with regards to design (if 220 gave the go ahead), my other half dabbles with designs and drawings. Could always ask her if she was willing to spend some time producing some ideas, but will have to catch her in a good mood!!!!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I'll be in London, Sunday, 35-39 age-group. I'll be looking for you, First Timer. [:D]

Doctor / surgeon says I'm not allowed to run at the moment, until they finish working out what is wrong with my hip, so I think my hopes of a sub-2:30 time are dead. I'll do the swim and the bike, then see how I feel.

It would be great to have some kind of forum clothing so we can recognise each other. Maybe a Red t-shirt with a 12K weave effect finish and a scattering of porridge oats incorporated somewhere.

I'd go with a big logo and a tag line underneath:

[center]Team [color=#ff0000]220[/color] Forum[/center][center][color=#ff3300]We wear red, we buy carbon, we wax, we eat porridge and we're not wearing any pants.[/color][/center]
  • LindsLinds Posts: 124
    [align=center][color=#ff3300]We wear red, we buy carbon, we wax, we eat porridge and we're not wearing any pants.[/color][/align]

[/quote]

Is anyone else begining to worry about Bopo too? [:D]
  • legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    Yep - definately worried BUT...

What a tag line for the kit - we'd never go un-noticed with that on would we!!
    Bopo that is simply superb, I love it!

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I'm not worried at al; I would worry if he said something normal though; now that would be alarming.[;)][:D]

PS: great line Bopomofo,but shouldn't it include somewhere that the shirt was very very very expensive
    On the back "This shirt is worth as much as your bike" or is that a bit too mean?

hehe