Home Chat General Chat

run before swim

toadtoad Posts: 104
Today I was getting bored with my usually training (usually swim, run or cycle, and brick sessions.)

So I tried to mix things up a bit, by doing a run and then straight in for a swim. I was really suprised how tired I felt in the swim, has anyone else experienced this.

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Doing this (not too frequently though) can give you a boost. Changing things around can be a good thing, just to make sure boredom and adoption don't get a chance. (Not sure about the english terms,sorry). Don't let your body fall asleep, shake it up from time to time.

Benny.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Totally agree with Benny,it is a pity this country is to cold for the Australian style grand prix races....swim,run,bike,run,swim,bike run swim bike.I think they tried it in the early nineties at a safari park but not too sure.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Since I live a mere 2k trot from my nearest pool I always run up (& it is up )& back..never sure if I should cut short the warm up bit of my swim tho since I am certainly warm.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Now that I have my holidays in front of me I intend to run to the pool every morning , do a session , then run home. and then later do the BIG session!
  • toadtoad Posts: 104
    Jon E

what distances are the grand prix events in australia, are they done over a period of days ?

Maybe triathlon 220 should set one up in england

a multiple triathlon event done over 3 days would be a fun thing to do.