Home Chat General Chat

New saddle advice!

Hi there, first post on the forum, apologies if this topic has been covered a number of times!

I'm looking to update my saddle as currently using the one that came with my giant and have found it a bit too wide and very sponge!

Either looking at getting a specialized alias or possibly the fizik arione has have heard they are good options. Have been told by lbs that i am just in the 130 width for the specialized.

Any advice?

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Ask the bike shop to try them out, saddles are rather personal thingies. The one that works best for me, might not be your thing at all.

• As said, before, saddles are very personal, plus they do need some time to break in, just like a good pair of shoes.

I have the fizik arione and so far its working very well for me.

Good luck, Paul

• learnerlearner Posts: 100
    check out this months 220 there is a section on this exact subject. Good luck and remember everyone walks like john wayne after buying a new saddle for the first few weeks.
  • aero blobaero blob Posts: 29
    hi jandr

I've always found Slowtwitch is a good place to start when it comes to lots of tri kit. You also get an unbiased opinion - Tri specific saddles are at: http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadings/product2006/saddles/saddles.html

If you're after a road saddle specifically - i agree with other posters - the Arione is nice, lightish and strong and loads of postions possible due to its shape.

• trijunkerstrijunkers Posts: 55
    I had a specialized toupe which cut the ar5e off me so changed to a selle italia flite which is fantastic. v comfy. looks the part too!