Home Chat General Chat

Trek or Orbea ?

A mate of mine, is looking to buy his first road bike. He has pinned the choice down to a Trek 1.7 or a Orbea marmaldo.

Any one got any advise ?

Comments

• Yep I've got the answer......Cannondale[;)]
  • learnerlearner Posts: 100
    that's not the answer he was after... it's obvious realy, scott cr1 pro. say no more.
  • zig a zagazig a zaga Posts: 22
    Oh I forgot to say, that his choice was down to these 2, because the shop do up to 3 years interest free credit. Unfortunately they do not sell your 2 models.
    that makes the answer even easier, can he try them out first? (not a spin round the car park but a proper 2-3 day trial) then it's down to him, which feels right? has the best frame for the money, after all upgrades are fun and keep the mrs on her toes. on a serious(ish) note I would say go for the best frame he can afford it's the biggest part of the bike after all.

has your friend tried the internet for deals, he can always source a bike from another shop for trial and play the shops off against each other to get the best price. Don't limit your choice because thats all the shop has got.

stop press!!! go to the for sale section of the forum.....there are a few bargins on there that might interest your friend...
  • epacseepacse Posts: 92
    I've got an Orbea, first bike, excellent!! really receomend them as a road bike!

Although, i got FOUR punctures on Sat whilst out, now that wasn't ball!!

[:(]