Home Chat General Chat

IRONMAN UK TRAINING

apkapk Posts: 21
Training going well (if still waiting for the Ironman in training top!) and planning the final touches to my endurance training.

I am looking to complete the Ryedale Rumble Sportive at the end of July in North Yorkshire - 6 weeks before Ironman.

The big question is do I complete the 116mile option or the 85 mile option?

Comments

• rj1265rj1265 Posts: 70
    There's not much difference between them [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] - only Rosedale Chimney some sections @33% and an extra 1000m of climbing .....

I am planning on the 85 mile route -- a couple of the lads from our club are doing the big one !! - I am not quite fit enough to pack the 3700m of climbing in ..yet...

• transittransit Posts: 163
    Definitely just do the 85mile route and I'm not taking any arguments on this one from anyone!!! [;)] If the ironman is your goal then that is the right answer. No matter how much you'd enjoy the challenge of the 116mile route it won't benefit you, it's far too hard compared to what is reqd for the IM bike leg.

I have a similar dilemma, Got half IM end of Sept, considered doing the Wensleydale Full cheese tri but saw sense and am doing half cheese instead.

Are you from N.Yorks? If so, have you done any of the other big rides this year e.g. White Rose Classic etc? I'm fancying some for next year, wondered if you'd done any?

Good luck with the race
  • apkapk Posts: 21
    Looks like the consensus is the 85 mile route - which makes me more comfortable!!!

Live and cycle round the Holme Valley so plenty of hills to practice on. I did the kirklees sportive in april, which was my first time going long - enjoyed it apart from the weather and felt that I could have gone further. It was a great early season leg stretch - I was too late for the white rose classic!