Home Chat General Chat

damnit

another week gone, another lottery ticket which has become a useless piece of paper BUT i was thinking of perfect bike if lottery was won. Was thinking Zipp 404 front, 808 rear, campag record everything else, not sure about perfect frameset or cockpit, p3c looks a bit funky but so does felt b2 and cockpit has bewildering array of possibilities. Anyone here had the chance to ride izalco chrono, as judging by their other bikes you are sure to get at least £6000 worth of kit in this £4000 bike.

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I know, i felt the same, I really think I had a shot of winning this week! hehe

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I've not checked my numbers yet, it sort of teases out the faint hope that I could jack in my job - drum roll - sod it another piece of paper for recycling.

Re £6,000 worth of kit for the £4,000 price - I have just bought the Tria and must say first impressions are very positive, when I totted up the component price concluded that the frame, headset, cables and bar tape are free.

Another thought, if you buy £500 worth of kit from Wiggle the Chrono is yours for £3,599 or put it another way £4,500 worth of bike and kit for £4,100.

I've not read any reviews on the Chrono but it would be interesting to see how it stacks upagainst the opposition.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Further to above, this link may be of interest http://www.avantibikes.com/news/focus_adopts_avanti_chrono_pista.aspx

From what I understand the Avanti/Focus Chrono is used by both the German and Aussie national teams so unless they have abandoned competitiveness for commercial reasons the Chrono must be reasonably good.