Home Chat General Chat

DIVE STARTS

I have an olympic race in a couple of weeks and have just found out that it will be a mass DIVE start from a platform into deep water. Having never started a race in this way can anyone give any advice on how to approach this.

Thanks all.[:o]

Comments

• scott298scott298 Posts: 122
    I'm sure you can just jump in and start swimming, if your worried about diving.

I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one!

• legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    Hi there - I think I'd aim to get in a few seconds after everyone else, much like getting at the back for a mass deep water start. At least that way, the speedy lot can get going and leave you some clear space to dive/jump into and you wont have to worry about being landed on top of.

Good luck with it!
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Thanks for the advice and holding back a second sounds good as i know there are some fast competitors,even our Abby Balis is racing,dont think i will catch her somehow but it's worth a try.

[:D]
  • paddy macpaddy mac Posts: 9
    I don't suppose you have entered the Race to the Bill tri? I share your concern I don't fancy diving as I will be wearing contact lenses under my goggles so you wont be on your own getting in slowly!!!
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Hi paddy mac, yes i will be at Portland for that event. Are you local to portland. I am in Weymouth so not to far to go.Should be a good day see you on the pontoon.ENJOY.

there are a good range of entrants even GB team Abby Balis will there.
  • paddy macpaddy mac Posts: 9
    First timer - in reply to your question. I live in Dorchester so not to far to travel. Last weekend I tried out the bike route, apart from getting up on to the top of Portland it's not to bad.

Good luck and I'll see you next week.