Home Chat General Chat

Tumble Turning

FiFi Posts: 31
Sorry, I think this is about the 3rd question I've asked but I have another. I'm going to do a pool based triathlon. I know that if you get tapped on the feet you get to the end of the lane and let that person over take you but is there a rule with regards to the turn bit. I'm not a tumble turner (I'm learning) but was wondering if the person in front of me is - how do you avoid them when they go to flip over or on the push of off the wall (if you see what I mean). I can imagine that things get a bit busy around either end of the pool. Sorry about the questions but I' rather excited but very nervous about the tri. Half of me just wants to get around the thing, a quarter wants to do it well and the other quarter doesn't want to come last! By the way does anyone have a tick list of what they take to a triathlon? - If you do would you mind sharing it with me, I'm bound to forget something.

Fi [&:]

Comments

• legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    Hi Fi

if you are in a pool I am guessing that you'll be swimming clockwise around a lane - if the person in front of you is tumble turning they should move accross the lane so that they exit the turn on the opposite side. Generally if they are tumbling you can guess that they are quite experienced and so they should stay out of your way ( well that's the theory)

Good luck with your race -which I guess is comming up soon?

Enjoy it - you'll love it!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    there was a tick list in the beginners guide in 220..wasn't there? If not I have a reasonably thorough one..well I think it is! PM me & I can e mail it to you.
  • FiFi Posts: 31
    Thanks for the info 'legalbeagle', the tumble turning makes sense. I could also ask people before they start if they tumble turn.

Britspin, you're probably right! I need to go and nab it back of a colleague. If not could I please have yours?
    Of course, I may now have to update it.
  • paulfitzpaulfitz Posts: 67
    check with the organisers, some dont allow tumble turns in pool swims, which might make it a mute point :)

• notmilknotmilk Posts: 35
    Hey Britspin - would you mind just posting your checklist here? I don't have the beginners guide... and i'm sure other readers of the forum would appreciate it...

Thanks

notmilk
  • IanfIanf Posts: 23
    Notmilk,

The beginner's guide is a free download on the home page of this website (top left)

BRgds,

Ian
    I will have a go...my technical ability may outstrip my ambition tho...

Have you got it all? Checklist.

Have you got it all? Checklist.
    Well that went well..sorry...ummm try a pm to me & I will reply with it..that may work...or not.
  • notmilknotmilk Posts: 35
    Ha - that was great thanks Britspin - but i did prefer the tri247 downloadable pdf (thanks Linds) - sorry mate [:)]
  • LindsLinds Posts: 124
    notmilk wrote:

Ha - that was great thanks Britspin - but i did prefer the tri247 downloadable pdf (thanks Linds) - sorry mate [:)]

nah nah [:-]
    Well you can't say there isn't enough room for your own comments, I think whenNoah chucked out the computers we bought at work, he sold us a wrong un...I wonder if...Have_you_got_it_all
    nope still can't do it..