Home Chat General Chat

Time Trail Times

Hi was wondering the sort of times you

guys do in open time trail events?

[ul][*]5 mile[*]10mile[*]25mile[/ul]Andy

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    10 miles : 21-23 mins depending on conditions

other than that all I can say is that 60Km on the turbo trainer at 42-43.8 Kmh translated to 60Km on the road in blustery conditions at 34.1 Kmh.

Also a couple of (private) 90Km TT's at 36.5kmh average

• gaterz1981gaterz1981 Posts: 233
    10tt- 26m53s PB on 2nd attempt, on a normal road going bike with no training as i'm lazy.

• Im only 15 and my 10mile pb is 23:13 is that a good time for someone my age
  • TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    5 mile:9:47

10mile:19:32

20 mile:41:29

There my personal best.

I consider anything sub 30 as good, sub 25 is amazing.

As for a sub 20 PB ^^^ what a nutter!! Must have lungs like bellows!!
  • So in other words its a good time for
    very good time if you ask me, i doubt i'll ever get that quick. you do that on a normal road bike or a tt thing
  • Road bike with clip on aero bars
    Thats on a TT bike.Road bike itle be nearly imposible.I Absolutly gave it everything to get them times.
  • do you think a real tt bike makes

a big diffrence then?

Andy

Can do but it depends on what you get.Some bikes are more aero than others and are more responsive and aerodynamicly stable at faster speeds than others,Wheels can also make a huge difference.
    Nobody you know willing to lend a tt bike for a 10tt?? I reckon you'll shave a minute off. Be interesting to see.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I see where you're going here, Andy. It looks like you've knocked out a great time on a road bike with clip-ons, and you really need to see if there will be a big advantage to you to get a TT-specific bike.

It looks to me like TTX is advising that yes, it might be worth it - IF you get a TT bike that is good enough to make a difference, with a pretty radical geometry and very single minded. I think treefrog (or maybe it was TTX) has pointed out elsewhere on the forums that if you need a TT bike, then get a bike that does just that and nothing else.

I'd go with Gaterz suggestion, and see if anybody at the local club is willing to adjust their TT bike to fit you and see what happens. Or could you try a forward seat post and a longer stem on your existing bike, maybe? (TTX: does that work?)
    Can do but youve got to get your riding possition just rite otherwise you could get problems or you could go and get measured up but that would cost money but youl know exacley what you need.