Home Chat General Chat

From Vancouver to Hereford....

BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
First off before I write this I want to make it clear (just in case someone from Hereford Tri club is reading) that this ai a strange but true thread, not a critcism of the club or the event.

Having entered to race this Sun (6th July) in Hereford, I got an e mail to tell me that the sprint tri was now a duathlon as a filter part had broken & the water was not passed fit to swim in (by I think environmental health). This is in an outdoor school pool, it just strikes me as odd, when most of us spend at least some of our time swimming around in goose poo & heaven knows what else in O/W swims, but a previously chlorinated & filtered pool can be taken out of action, I mean how iffy can the water be in comparison?

Any how, we have plenty of notice, we can defer or race & get discounted entry to next years race so it has been handled excellently...but I would still have swum in it...strange but true.

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Are you going to do it?

Im in the hereford now duathlon, and was also very disappointed that the swim was cancelled. I actually went to bishops school so was hoping to get back in the pool that I used to spend some very cold PE lessons in.

I was thinking about pulling out, as ive come all the way from leeds to compete, but thought I might as well! could do with some time on the bike!

What time are you starting? I think I'm in the 2nd from last wave to go, at about 12ish, its a bit late, i would rather have started earlier!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Yes, still going booked long weekend at a B+B in Tarrington, so what the heck (& we are only coming from Brum) I am off at 10.45. Must have lied about my 1.3m run time!
    And we did it & coz he won't tell you himself Tommi was 9th overall & just to embarrass him further...His Mum is great!
    hehe, thanks mate, I was pretty pleased with 9th as that hill halfway through the bike with the strong headwind nearly killed me!

Well done on the 21st place, I swear when I left I was 8th and you were 19th, they must have snuck a few more in!

Despite my protests my mum is quite a funny spectator, I heard her shouting but I was concentrating on not screwing up my transition!

Had to call the bloody AA out for my car though, that'll teach me to leave the lights on!
    A pleasure to meet you..& your Mum. I like Hereford..when we left I was 6th..knew it wouldn't last, but that may be my highest placing.

Will be going again, Clive at Climb on Bikes offered to lend me a Cervelo P3 to race on..& I declined! I assumed it was going to be non idael racing with lots of rain..on a strange bike, tri bars etc. Maybe I could have remained 6th or 19th or.....
    Many a time ive been into climb on and admired those P3s hanging there! But at something like 2500 for just the frame I think I will have to wait!

Did you happen to see the guy who was tried a P3C with zipp wheels etc, who tried to mount his bike by clipping his left shoe in whilst runnin and ended up in a pile on the floor? I was quite suprised he got up and carried on, it looked a pretty horrible fall!

That must have been the 'ooooooooh' I heard whilst I was setting up transition, thats gotta hurt.