Home Chat Race Chat

Cowman

Anyone doing the Cowman at Milton Keynes next week?The distance is swim1.9K bike 90K run 21K.There is still places left.Did it last year great race worth doing.

Comments

• jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    Hi Dave Boy

I'm doing it, well attempting to do it! i did a 4 hour bike yesterday and nearly killed myself! This will be the longest race i've done so it's going to be a 'just finish' rather a 'race', so i'll plod my way around. I'm doing it as part of my build up to Ironman UK later this year, but after this i might decide i was mad to even think i could do an ironman! good luck with the race, if you see someone struggling round on a bright orange trek bike, thats me, give me a few words of encouragment, i'll need them[:)]
  • Dave BoyDave Boy Posts: 94
    Hi Jon you,ll love this one it,s a good bike and run.Some of my club members are doing this for the first time.What club are you with.Our club is Boxfit we are in black with Boxfit allover thekit.Our web site is www.boxfit-luton.co.uk leave a message on the board and let the lads know your racing they will give you loads of cheers.
    Jon how did you get on?

Horrible day rained all the way round.Was pleased with 5hours 23mins considering the rain.

• jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    Hey Dave

was my first event at this distance so i was hoping to do it in under 6 hours. managed 5 hours 42 so very pleased with myself. i took it really easy and felt completely fine after and no soreness so i'm straight back into training for ironman in september. Was freezing on the bike! but the run was nice and cool, i'm quite glad it wasnt baking hot, gave me a chance to try out nutrition/hydration for ironman. you're time is brilliant! i saw some guys in boxfit kit, but i only read your message this morning! I'm not with a club, do all my training on my own as i work strange hours to fit in with my other halfs shifts. i love the bigcow events, the guys sure know how to hold an event[:)] are you doing the MK tri next weekend?
    Well done great time.Can,t do next week MK Tri in Spain for 4 days.Some of the Boxfit crew are doing it.Hope the weather is good for it?