Home Chat General Chat

Sherborne profile

BEEFBEEF Posts: 43
Does anyone know where I can find a profile/course notes on the Sherborne Ironman bike route?

Cheers

Comments

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    You could try joining www.mapmyride.com (free to join) and entering the course route yourself. It will give you a route profile.

It might even be the case that somebody else has already done the hard work for you, just search for it.

*EDIT*: ...and so they have. Is this it? http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/sherborne/719824408280
  • BEEFBEEF Posts: 43
    Cheers...... now looking to add a topographic profile as well
  • That works very well actually...

Assuming its the route for this IMUK

Try this link....

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/sherbourne/971501829873

• Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    Well if those routes are correct, then its differant from the last two years.

Normally i watch from outside work and the route went straight past, but it seems not this year.
  • woodywoody Posts: 52
    yes, the bike route has changed this year. The link above looks correct, apart from it doesn't show the start and finish at the castle. The run route is different as well. The routes and profiles are on the IMUK website,or were several months ago.
  • learnerlearner Posts: 100
    have you tried exporting the mapmyride map onto google earth, this will allow you to "fly" the route by jigging around with the angle of dangle you view it from. also having lived and worked in the Dorchester/Sherborne areas all you need to know is there are some little hills which lead in to big hills which never seem to go in the down direction, apart from the one leading into Sherborne itself which is stupidly fast with a wicked left hander at the bottom, big fun...

good luck and keep youe eyes open as you run through the castle grounds for the white stag....you'll know what i mean when you it. awesome.

How the hell do I export it?

I tried copying and pasting but thats obviously far to obvious hahaha
  • woodywoody Posts: 52
    bike course here, with profile at bottom of page. http://iron.ironmanuk.com/default.asp?PageID=14459
  • learnerlearner Posts: 100
    i'm sorry this may get a bit confusing, i use my garmin training centre to store my ride/run data.

i then use a programme called sport tracks, this imorpts data from garmin training centre which you can export to google earth.

sport tracks is free to download and will accept data from just about any programme you nominate.

if all else fails have you ever tried "bikeradar" think it co.uk but not sure, go onto their road routes section and put sherborne into the search.

hope this helps a bit.

Thanks everyone!!!!
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Hey Bopo, thanks for the link to mapyourride!

I mapped out a tri i did last sunday, which has a bloody great big hill in the middle of it, which i hadnt counted on when I was pushing hard in the previous 15k!

had I been on that site I would have known about it and backed off a bit!

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Call that a hill?
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I prefer short and steep, it went on longer than I remember it on the bus when I was younger!