Home Chat General Chat

Helmets

Hi all,

firstly I'm sorry to keep asking about stuff to buy, but it is so helpful getting peoples opinions on things which they have owned and used lots!

So i've decided I need something new and shiney, and this week it is going to be a helmet!

I don't want an aero helmet at the moment, but I do want a decent, well ventilated road racing helmet.

So what do people have?

I had my eye on something like a giro atmos or similar. Also I liked the look of the nexion from spiuk as you can get it in a set with the matching glasses for 100. link - http://www.spiuk.co.uk/acatalog/Nexion_Helmet___Ventix_glasses.html

its the world champion ones I like the look at, its a hope thing!

however a few reviews have said the nexion is too dated in design.

Thanks for any help you can give me, i really do appreciate it!

Comments

• I've a very lightweight Giro Stylus and find it a good helmet and a the terrific price of £39.99.

Also one of 220 Tri recommended buys.
  • TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    I have a spesialized 2D.Extremely good,light as a feather.
  • smudgersmudger Posts: 48
    i have a bell sweep light and airy looks good as well good value for money
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Love my Bell sweep, up for replacement after 4 years of daily usage. I usually llok to change/upgrade, but not this time.
  • SamutriSamutri Posts: 143
    I have a Giro Pneumo - does need a bit of padding on the front but its light, airy and comfortable.

I have it in yellow, which given that it didnt come in red, is nearly as fast.

is yellow the new black? or is black the new red? or is yellow the old red?

aaarrrggh my head hurts now!!
  • Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    Specialized Decibel. Brilliant on and off road, very comfortable and as cool as can be (temperature obviously).
  • trijunkerstrijunkers Posts: 55
    Bell Sweep R, great looking helmet , light as a feather and superb ventilation. What more do you need?
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I got a MET Estro for several reasons:

1. I saved £20 and got it for £35 because it was red white and a rather hideous gold (resprayed the gold silver as I have several cans of silver paint handy).

2. The red obviously gives me a speed advantage.

3. It's not a Giro or a Bell - I don't like following trends
  • stevedavis82stevedavis82 Posts: 110
    In have a Giro Advantage (aero) for racing and an Giro Monzo for training. Both are really good helmets in my opinion. Although niether are red so it slows me down a few seconds!!! [;)]
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    I've got a Giro Atmos - RED, black and white. Love it. So well ventilated, and looks good. I wear it all the time out on the bike, where as I used to hate my old helmet.
  • learnerlearner Posts: 100
    specalized decibel for me, really comfy, light and in block colours so not too showy. hang on that's not a good thing is it. you can get it in team colours too.
  • I have the Giro Monza, in red! Did a hard race on sun and I definately felt myself go faster, not because of the intense training, but because of my red helmet!! [:D][:D]
  • apnoeaapnoea Posts: 16
    I have a giro atmos, it's great! don't notice i'm wearing it, and v well ventilated. hubby has giro ionos. he is v pleased with it. but need to wear layer underneath in winter as it is almost too well ventilated.

happy helmet shopping
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I have a random, very normal helmet, can't even tell you what brand without going to watch it.

But I do have a friend who has a great one. You can see him on: http://forum.220magazine.com/fb.asp?m=16132

Sorry ,couldn't resist it [:D][:D]