Home Chat General Chat

what makes a triathlete?

I've been looking at this forum for a few months now, and started because I wanted to share the knowledge of all those seasoned athletes out there - well, finally I've cracked it and now I think I know what it takes. Having collected advice from lots of posts I've put together the top tips out there...

Basically then, If I have learned well I need:

Something red - preferably the bike, the tri suit and anything else (goggles maybe?)

I need to shave/wax or whatever

I must eat porridge

Something I own must be carbon

Eveything I own must be expensive - preferably very

I need 0% body fat

and.. it seems I must be happy to wear no knickers!

well guys/girls what a learning curve! I think I have grasped the basics so now I suppose I had better do some training as well - is that really necessary if I follow all the above advice though?

Comments

• learnerlearner Posts: 100
    if that's a check list i'm in trouble, only thing i've thats red is my face after training, still not shaving or waxing, LOVE porrige, what's carbon?, married so everything i earn goes(does that count as expensive) you missed the 10 in front of 0% body fat by the way, no nickers, so two and a half for me.

still training so might make it by next year.

• rj1265rj1265 Posts: 70
    You have missed the obvious :-

The love of Lycra & Neoprene

Determination

Madness

Insanity

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    The burning feeling that you haven't done quite enough training...
  • Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    The guilt at one beer a week or slice of pizza when family commitments dare to infringe on your training. [:@]
  • paulfitzpaulfitz Posts: 67
    or the mis-guided assertion that having a decent £1500 bike is not good enough and that your skill and fitness is being hampered by the extra 2 -3lbs that the bike has over a REALLY expensive bike!! And with it you would be well under the hour for the bike leg!!
  • rj1265rj1265 Posts: 70
    Combining Chris and Paul

If I buy that really really expensive bike then I can have that 1 beer & pizza [:D]
    Balanced diet..beer & pizza.

Continuing the thread..a day off means only doing one discipline..& not too hard.
  • epacseepacse Posts: 92
    You also forgot, you have to have the abilty to swallow copious amounts of rancid riverwater!

[:)]
    spend copious amounts of time on here....
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    .... telling the wife and kids that you actually enjoy this quality-time-consuming hobby of yours, this all-demanding way of life. Assuring them that you do it voluntarily. Ignoring their shocked faces when you do this.