Home Chat General Chat

The Straw.....?

LindsLinds Posts: 124
[size=2]Since I decided to get into Triathlon back in April my current expenditure amounts to about measly £420 for a bike, helmet, lock, pump, puncture repair kit, gloves, tops, computer, trisuit, sun glasses and goggles, along with another £65 quid on entry fee (Bath tri) and club membership.

Whilst this has generally been accepted, with a weary sigh, from the generally delightful Mrs L, last night the sniping began.

And the straw that did for her was..........a £5 pair of elastic laces from Wiggle. The conversation went something like:

Mrs L "what’s that then" picking up a Jiffy envelope with wiggle blazed across the front of it.

Me "Just a pair of laces oh Jewel of my Heart"

Mrs L "Like the ones you're taking off your shoes now?"

Me "Oh no, these are elastic, much better, oh Light of my Life"

Mrs L "And how much did you spend and my"

Me "Only a fiver, oh Radiant Beauty, and they will useful"

Mrs L "So you spent a fiver on laces, to replace your perfectly good laces in order to save 10 seconds."

Me "err.....yes......(realising I may be in a spot of bother).... Would you like a glass of wine and a massage oh Rose without Thorns?"

Mrs L "Prat"

But later she then said that I needed some new running shoes (which I do) and that I should get full gait analysis at the Uni (I'll get super cheap rates as she works in the gait lab once a month) - all of which is going to cost at least £150 all in.

She is lovely, but sometimes I do wonder.

Please note this post may disappear if Mrs L every decides to look at this website - although I doubt she will as we're all "bloody geeks" anyway!

[/size]

Comments

• epacseepacse Posts: 92
    [:)] [:)] oh SO SO excellent! [:)] [:)]
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    See if you can find anything else larger pointless for a ridiculously low amount!! That'll win it for me! How about some footwear proof spray to make those new shoes water-resistant?!?!? [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]
  • legalbeaglelegalbeagle Posts: 208
    this could easily tun into a thread about what is the most pointless tri thingy that you own!

Mind you I would never be without my elastic laces - anything to get me through Transition a bit quicker - heaven knows I need the help

Off to try and persuade my weekend guests and Mr LB that the lovely lake we are having a pic nic at tomorrow would be LOVELY to swim accross

Perhaps it could turn into a thread on how to persuade your better half about the importance of all things tri related - kit, training, gizzmo's etc etc
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Most pointless tri thingy..ummmm, so many things so little space...
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Good luck with the picnic by the way...weather looks like you might all be swimming.