Home Chat General Chat

What tyres?

I was just wondering if anyone has tried Continental Grand Prix Attack/Force Tyres - I currently have some Continental GrandPrix 3000s on (in red of course) and I was wondering if these do what they say on the tin? Failing that does anyone have any onther suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Can't comment on the Contis, but to answer your 'any other recs' question, I am currently on a pair of Panaracer Extreme Evo II tyres (£22.50 each from wiggle) and I have been very pleased with them. Very good wet grip, have done many hundreds of miles on some quite poor surfaces without any damage, and will take the all important 150psi. They have a vaguely triangular profile to my eye, which makes them quite quick steering but gives good grip in a bend - tyre grip is far in excess of my bravery, which is the right way round.

They have a very tight bead, though, so I can't fit them using thumb power alone (unlike my previous Schwalbe Stelvios) so I have put the tyre levers back into the saddle pack.

Unfortunately, they're not red. This has slowed me down by about 0.02s per 40km, so I have upped the training intensity. Also, I'm playing the mental game and trying to convince myself that black is actually dark red.
  • Free WillyFree Willy Posts: 63
    I used the Attack Force tyres for IMNZ where the roads are hard work and this year it chucked it down and I had no problems with punctures or grip, and I had no brakes a couple of times!

I intend to use the same tyres for IMUK in September as I was very happy with them.

FW

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    So are you saying red is the new black? Or is black the new red?
  • trijunkerstrijunkers Posts: 55
    Used to use Bontragers, then had enough of punctures so upgraded to continental grand prix 4000S. No punctures at all in 6 months and only just changed the tyres cos was starting to get suspicious about using them in races thinking they must puncture sometime!! Can be pricy to buy but they really are quality, light and they won't let you down look seriously cool too with the silver writing up the side of them!
  • Chris JChris J Posts: 71
    On the subject of tyres, my bontrager selects have done almost 1500 miles. Should I look to change or can I wait until I start seeing patches of inner tube through holes? Also, would changing to something like Conti GP4000s help my bike splits?