http://dspace.lib.uoguelph.ca/bitstream/10214/1620/1/06hughes.pdf

[image]local://1974/01F064AB7E0742C288DAB747C30E68A1.jpg[/image]

Comments

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    No, its not red.
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    or carbon fibre.....
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Could be carbon tho...the lack of chain concerns me..
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Hmmm.... does a nice job of isolating the steering from the bit where the stresses are, although that main beam would need to be bloody strong.

And there's the problem. I think to fit in with current elite rules the tubes have to be circular - I'm sure somebody can correct me. Also, there's another rule about the crank being forwards of the seat position... that's why you don't see recumbents being raced.

So far as I know, the 'feet forwards' rule applies to all BTA events, so not just for the elites but also for the rest of us.

I saw a weird bike in the London to Brighton ride recently. It looked almost like a folding bike... conventional geometry but with a cross shaped frame. It had really small (like maybe 22") thin wheels, a triple chain set and a geared hub (must have had about 90 gears!), with a racing seat and tri bars. It was clearly an expensive bit of kit and looked like it would be able to climb a cliff just as well as hit 60kph on the flat.

I didn't see it go up the infamous Ditchling Beacon, but heard reports that the guy flew up on it. Somebody mentioned it was a specific hill climbing bike. I've never heard of such a thing.... anyone else?