Home Chat Race Chat

Edinburgh duathlon

pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
Chis - how did you get on? Saw the results and it looked fast to me. What was the weather like??

Comments

• chischis Posts: 94
    Pat

Weather was dreadful the night before but although a bit gusty on the day of the race the sun did get out and really conditions were ok. They certainly could have been a lot worse. The course was around Holyrood Park with Transitions at the Commonwealth Swimming Pool right next door. The run was fairly flat but the bike course was technical and challenging with 4 laps around, up and over Arthur's Seat!!

As usual for me the runs went pretty much to plan and then I got caned on the bike - must get some advice on how to make some improvements.

Finished 11th in category but this is a bit false cos the Scottish SuperVet category covers categories J and K in the BTA system so finishing positions are a little confusing.

I really enjoyed the event, it was well organised with lots of other events going on as well (Juniors Youths Elites as well in both Duathlon and Triathlon). With the races being on a Saturday this made for a nice weekend away with the Sat night and Sunday available for relaxing/travelling. Also all roads were closed in the park for the event which was really good.

Hope your training is going OK.

chis