Home Chat General Chat

Cervelo soloist team

bennybenny Posts: 1,314
Within a few hours from now I'm of to buy me a new bike: cervelo soloist team!

I've read some good reviews about it and the dealer here convinced me to buy this one. Mainly cause of the double use that is possible: TT-geometry and road geometry.

Does anyone on the forum have this bike, or know of friends that have one? What do you think about it: good choice or not that good? I can still chicken out of this one[:o]?

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    A great choie Benny, I like my Cervelos so much that I will use a Soloist team for Winter training. It has everything, light, aero and stiff. It can be used as a road bike and with only a few modifications, it can be converted into a tri bike with tri geometry. For the best deal in Europe try www.slanecycles.com
  • Looking at the offers at that shop the P2C looks pretty good. Is the carbon frame any better?
    Yes much better, my friend bought the soloist carbon for the Dolomites trip, he loves it and intends to do lots of tri on it. It is more expensive but is worth it.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    OK OK, I know expensive is a good thing, but really: have you seen the price difference between the team and the carbon one???! [&:]

What is the big difference (except price) between the alu and the carbon frame??

Just bought the soloist team for 1700€, which is about 1350£. Took the campy veloce 2x10, with fulcum wheels.

• artikartik Posts: 26
    Can I just get some clarity on the cervelo frames - you said that they can be adjusted easily for both geometries - road and TT?? Are you talking about the p2 as well as the soloist having that capability -??

Could you be a little more specific bout how you convert the frame to be the two different geometries??

Many thanks
    I'm talking about the soloist, don't know about the P2, but i guess that is a TT-frame.

You can convert the bike's geometry from road to TT geometry by switching the seatpost, which brings you from 76 to 73°. Put some aerobars on it and you have a part-time TT-bike. (Hope I explained it well here, I'm not a salesman [:)])
    OK the Soloist C is the carbon frame (red) the Soloist SL is the super light carbon frame (black) the Soloist Team is the aluminium version of the frame. All of these have the same geometry and advantages - the carbon frames are lighter, the SL being the lightest. The Aluminium (Soloist Team) frame is the same geometry, same aero qualities and like the carbon can be geo-switched ie road/Tri but the aluminium version is HEAVIER than the Soloist Carbon and lightest of all is the Soloist Carbon SL
  • lowther76lowther76 Posts: 74
    I have the Soloist Team (Alu) in red and silver. Zipp 404's and Ultegra with tri bars on. V fast, responsive, comfy, looks good and is very enjoyable to ride. Thumbs up from me.
    the p2 cannot be converte between conventional road geometry and Tri geometry, but the P2C is actually the best bike of them all! Chrissie Wellington beat lots of P3'S ! iTS NOT THE BIKE .. its what's on the bike......
    true treefrog, if the Ferrari has a Lada engine, ...

I'm expecting my Cervelo within 2 weeks from now. Can't wait....[8D]
    Okay, change that 2 weeks in FIVE weeks, then itwill be correct.[:@][:'(]

But finally; I got my Cervelo Soloïst Team!!!!![:D][8D][image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]

I could pick it up exactly on my 30th birthday, so very, very, ..... pleased.

Took it for a 60k spin yesterday evening. Got somesore shoulders today due to the changed position ( actually had it fitted perfectly for me, au contraire of my previous bike [&:]).

GREAT BIKE, LOVE IT, DON'T TOUCH IT!!!![;)][:D]
    Have the bike over a week now. Did two longish rides, which were very fluent.

Also did a brick session of 20k bike and 5k run.

Beat my PB with 1 minute and 40 seconds, thanks to a great bike (15 seconds off), but mainly due a fanstastic run off the bike (almost a minute and a half off in 5k).

Conclusion: I truly recommend the bike to all.

Happy greetings,

Benny.

Another PB with the new bike; 45k time trial, shaved off more than a minute. Could have gone even faster, since I did it after work (roof worker, construction).

Really pleased with the bike, recommend it!!
    And I'm not the only one; see multiple threads about it!
    stp2
    STP2
    stp2
    STP2