Home Chat General Chat

london triathlon help please!!!

I am racing the london triathlon at 1:40 on sunday and I have to register and rack my bike on the saturday!

But, I am working all day saturday and can't get down there!!!! what do I do?!?!?!?![:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

Comments

• Please don't quote me on this if it doesn't work, but a friend of mine was in exactly the same position last year and decided to just turn up on the Sunday and hope for the best. They were completely unconcerned and registered him and allowed him to rack without any problems. The Excel transition area is massive and there is no real problem with a few people racking during the race because there are separate entrances for the bike, swim, run and normal competitor/racking routes - it would only be a problem if everybody tried to rack on the Sunday.

Hope this helps. If nothing has changed then my advice would be to rack and register on the Sunday and just think of a good excuse why you couldn't do so on the Saturday.

• scott298scott298 Posts: 122
    Thanks for that :)

Yes thinking about it last year my brother raced on the sunday morning and was told to rack on the sunday not the day before so I guess it shouldn't be a problem!

might give them a ring just incase!

Thanks again!
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    Hey Scott

we're in the same race! it's a bit of a pain, i've done the same race, in the same category for the past 2 years and alays raced on sunday morning and racked on sunday morning. now theyve changed it all! and we wont be going down to the london eye turnaround[:(] i'd give them a call,you dont want to turn up and be told you cant rack up because you were supposed to do it on the saturday. the people that are racing on sunday morning can rack on sunday morning, everyone racing sunday afternoon has to rack on saturday as they'll want transition to be clear for the people racing and for security. they might be more understanding if you phone and explain the situation.

what time are you hoping for?

jon
  • hlidhlid Posts: 7
    Not sure if it is allowable but could someone rack for you? I can't remember from last year at what point you had to show your license but that might be an option if you have any club members going down anyway.

I go off later on Sunday afternoon so can't decide whether to do the 3 hours each way two days in a row or take down the camper van. Either way will spend all day Saturday window shopping around the trade stands and seeing what the wife will let me buy, I fancy an Endless Pool!
  • JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    I remember asking somebody about this last year, and they said the only reason they ask for people to rack on Saturday is so not to have loads of people in the racking area whilst the early competitors are racing.

They will still allow registration, but the hope is that the majority of people will have racked on Saturday.

So there is no need to worry.

• scott298scott298 Posts: 122
    thanks every one!

will give them a ring soon see what they say!

I don't live too far I'm in essex so could get my brother to rack for me!

I looking to do the swim in 22 mins the bike in an hour and run sub 35.

hopefully win my age group and think about racing the escape from alcatraz tri :)