Home Chat General Chat

Cycle Surgery Problems?

It is a shame my first post is a negative one.

Has anyone had some trouble with the online Cycle Surgery store?

They have advertised 'Specialized Tri Vent Road Shoe 2008' and the photo is clearly the 2008 model of the shoe.

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/1026284/groupID/27/categoryID/179/v/a232c0df-8248-4b25-b0df-3a12fc11eeb3

I ordered them, and they sent me the 2007 shoe.

They say that the only difference is the colour, and therefore they have sent the correct shoe.

Is this acceptable? or am I being a bit of a whinger?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• LindsLinds Posts: 124
    What a load of balls

You bought the 2008 model and thats then one they should have sent you.

Go ballistic at them.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Agreed, its not there place to say that the 2007 model and 2008 model are only different based on colour, there may be subtle differences that specialized may not have advertised. You ordered the 2008 model, therefore you should get it!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I do believe there may be more than a subtle difference, the 'old' trivent used to have holes for most pedal cleats on, the new only has holes for look/shimano road...as I ride shimano SPDs this is a problem should I need to replace..not sure when it changed tho 07 or 08.
  • martyn837martyn837 Posts: 32

There is a trade description issue here, They clearly state that it is a 2008 shoe so that’s what you have brought not the 2007 shoe... I would also fire off an email to Specialized asking what the difference between the 2007 and 2008 shoe is and let Cycle Surgery know that you are contacting Specialized about this.

I personally think they are taking the p**s.......

Sorry rant over it does my head in when shops do this trying to off load old stock as currant.

• penguinpenguin Posts: 37
    They finally resolved the problem.....thanks for the comments.