Home Chat General Chat

How do you report a spammer to Admin?

There's a button at the bottom of each post saying 'Report', but if I try to do this I get an entry form which has a box at the top saying 'Other:' with a text field next to it.

No matter what I put in there it gives me an error message saying "Please provide a valid reason".

Anybody know how to report spammers, trolls and the like?

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Yeh I just email the admin, go to the top thread which is about forum spammers, and then click on the user 'admin', then click on 'email admin'.

This should bring up a message box.

last time I did it a few weeks ago I gave them a list of the usernames of the spammers and they deleted them within a few hours.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I think I already reported almost a hundred of these fù¨*€#s. I used to report it to Amy (the Admin, for the friends[;)]). But since a week ago this doesn't work anymore, I can't seem to reach her e-mail anymore!?

Maybe she changed it, maybe a new admin, or maybe they just don't care??

It isnt our job to solve it, but it def is ourproblem.
  • TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    i know it hacks me off too.Im sure its the same git doing it every time
    Yeh, they are coming out with the same shit, it probably is the same guy.

last time they did I i entered their email addresses everywhere I could on it internet, simply out of boredom!

Last time I did it a guy emailed me back. So maybe the personnel have changed.

trying doing what i did an email the admin user at the top of the page.

I was going to send them an email to kindly ask them if they could keep an eye on forum and try and delete these spammers and their posts asap.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Sorry, TommiTri,

we already thought that, but it didn't happen. They don't check the forum, we had some previous threads about it, but nothing changes. Sad but true(J. Hetfield);

I was thinking of asking them if I could have admin rights, because I spend enough time on here and could delete them! I don't think they will go for it though!
  • martyn837martyn837 Posts: 32
    We could always start a new spam free forum!!!!