Home Chat Race Chat

F3 Dorney Lake

Anybody doing any of the, or done any of the Dorney Lake evening triathlons. I'm doing the event on the 30th July. They apparently are quite good. Any thoughts or entries??

Comments

• LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    Done the two evening events there so far this year and did them all last year. Totally enjoy them and treat them as a full on training session more than anything, the bike is a bit dull, and you can get some head winds to play with as Dorney is fairly open, but the June race was nice weather and a good event, I'd certainly recommend them. See you there at the end of the month...
  • stevedavis82stevedavis82 Posts: 110
    Hey Lucky.........

I did the Bananaman the other day at Dorney nad the wind was awful, clocking 30mph going one way and about half that the other. Is it usually like that??
  • kikikiki Posts: 2
    Hi Steve: Did the olympic the day before and the headwind was similar. At one point actually hoped for a flat! But I find Dorney to be a fantastic training facility and the two races I've done have run smooth as silk. Nice marshalls, too.

• JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    I'm doing the one on the 27th August.

How did yesterday's race go?
  • Had quite a good race, clocked in at 1hr15.40. Had a Average swim, good bike and an improved run. Conditions were ok, little breezy but not bad. Great set up and good fun. Thinking about entering the 4th race too.

Nice one Steve. I'm doing the Orca Olympic distance at Dorney on the 14th September so using this to get some practise in. May see you there
    Anyone else doing this race next week? I see there are two waves. First at 6.30 for beginners and intermediates... Second at 7.00.