Home Chat Race Chat

Redditch Triathlon

bikemebikeme Posts: 1
Hi

Has anyone done the Redditch Triathlon in the past. I will be running it this year on the 7th September 2008. Just wanted to know your thoughts. Really great venue and it will be a hit, it used to be a qualifier. Let us know. www.redditchtriathlon.com

We did the Warwick Tri this year too and plan another 28th Sept 08

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Yup, did it a couple of years ago when I had my open water disaster..I have unfinished business there.. Anyhow, if the course is the same (Iwill check it out later), the lake is OK deep water start, around one bouy head for home, slippery ramp out, longish run to transition & out to bike mount line, first part of bike on wide ring roads, bit trafficy but was well marshalled, then rural roads thru Ullenhall with speed bumps & Gorcott Hill which is pretty steep & longish, then back on ring road (fast traffic a bit scary) 7 back to transition, run is mostly on park paths, some grass but flat as a board as I recall. Any help?
    Swim looks different..but that could be my mind wanting to block it out...finishing point is the same & the rest is as described as far as I can see. Apart from my swim nightmare & the fact it was pi**ing down & cold....I enjoyed it...no really I did.
  • paulfitzpaulfitz Posts: 67
    thanks for letting me know about this. Actually my home town, although I dont live there now. Parents still live around there so I just entered :)

guess I will have to skip the Rough Track at Dorney Lake :(
    heard a rumour this has been cancelled?

anyone know?
    cancelled due to lack of entrants.

may be the fact that if you list current entrants and people see the list is short, they dont enter, so it becomes a self perpetuating problem!!

Maybe if the organisers spent less time taking huge ads on how they are going to relolutionise the event organisation industry and more time promoting the event they might have done better.

Haven't heard anything from them about getting my money back either yet!!!

• zoezoe Posts: 28
    I think the problem is that this company is associated with Trafeco who had such a disaster with its races last year (birmingham triathlon to name just one complete fiasco!).

I know a lot of local potential entrants are being cautious!

However, i raced Warwick at the beginning of the season and found the organisation wasn't bad at all, so hopefully they can build on this and get some confidence back so that next years race will be back on...
  • bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    I cant understand why the Redditch triathlon has been cancelled due to lack of entries, when the Stockton triathlon organised by the same people and held 2 weeks prior to Redditch is still on, when they only have to date 38 entries split between Standard, sprint and relays.
    Odd I agree..Sept 7th is a long way off & I often leave entries until later...not this one as I am away which is the only reason I am not laying the ghost of Redditch Tri to rest this year. I have raced othere trafeco events & they have been OK..missed Brum because yes..you guessed it away on my holidays..
    I was also down to do the Mens Fitness RoughTrack, but entered Redditch as I grew up there and parents still live there. Would have been funny to swim, bike and run around lakes and roads I grew up riding on my BMX :)