Home Chat General Chat

What do you think of this bike??

i think i just wet myself.. if looks were evrything it is amazing

Comments

• stevedavis82stevedavis82 Posts: 110
    THIS IS THE SPEC OF THE OFFICIAL CUBE WEBSITE - £1899!![/align] [/align]AERIUM HPC ULTEGRA STI [/align]HPC Monocoque Aerodynamic Twin mold Technology [/align]S (49) , M (52), L (55), XL (59), semisloping, auch als Rahmenset [/align]Teamline [/align]Easton EC90 Aero CNT Vollcarbon [/align]FSA Orbit I Carbon [/align]Syntace F119 [/align]Syntace Racelite Carbon mit Lenkeraufsatz Profile Sonic CSX [/align]Shimano Ultegra SL [/align]Shimano Ultegra SL, Anlöt [/align]Shimano Ultegra SL [/align]Shimano Ultegra SL [/align]FSA SL-K Megaexo Carbon 53x39Z. [/align]Shimano Ultegra 12-25Z., 10-fach [/align]Shimano Ultegra [/align]Citec 3000 Aero [/align]Schwalbe Ultremo [/align]Fi'zi:k Arione Tri [/align]Aero Carbonlight Drop [/align]8,1kg [/align] [/align][image]http://img.cube.eu/bikes/radbilder/Aerium_HPC_Team_Easton.jpg[/image][/align]
    Hey guys,

ooking to buy a new bike after the current season and have become fixated on this Cube TT bike, think it looks stunning and have only heard good reports from my coaching team.

Any views, reviews or alternatives...costing about £2000.

[image]http://img.cube.eu/bikes/radbilder/Aerium_HPC_Team.jpg[/image]
  • LindsLinds Posts: 124
    Well it has two wheels - which is the limit of my knowledge !

Does look bloody good too
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    That second picture looks a bit more like £2k worth. The first one appears to be a treefrog special i.e. money no object. [:D]

Those Xentis wheels are about £1300 just for starters, and the Xentis bars are about another £500. Lots of money for that FSA carbon crank, too.

If you can get the bike in your first picture for £2k then have it, quickly!

I'm sure I have seen that frame somewhere else, though.... It looks like one of the carbon TT frames coming out of the Dedacciai (spelling) factory. Any ideas what it is?

Lovely looking bike, by the way. Cracking spec, to my uneducated eyes. Nice fast red stripes, too. [8D]
    The first bike is the top of the range model costing £3899 and the second is the 'cheaper' version at £1899. Not sure about the frame, assumed it was one made by Cube. Thats what there claiming on the website anyway.

Does look pretty fast!!
  • bunongbunong Posts: 49
    The dogs!!!

Only problem is that you have to be bloody quick to justify a bike looking that good. And you need matching helmet, clothes, shoes, car, wife etc etc...

Could add up to way more than £2k.
    F**K it, i'm going down the shops to test ride one!!! Up&Running here i come. Lets be honest would the mrs really know the difference.......i can see it now.

"Is that a new bike?" - Mrs

"No, i've just bought some red, go faster stickers and put them on" - Me

"Oh ok...cos i want the Kitchen re-doing" - Mrs

"I think that could wait a few months...maybe in time for christmas" - Me
  • combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    My local tri store stocks these and in the flesh they look better than the picture - I am sorely tempted too, it is between this a focus and a slice...decisions, decisions
  • BEEFBEEF Posts: 43
    I think I want to marry that bike!!!!
  • Very cool looking bike.

don't know much about cube at all - as Bunong says, you'd have be pretty good to justify the bike!!

It would be a great bike to bring out after all the winter on the TT, gym and pool sessions.

• gruffymaxgruffymax Posts: 21
    Although it's all about the rider's ability.....that bike looks like it's going to fly along! Great to boost your confidence and dent those around you! ;)
    My bike shop has just ordered me one in!!! Should be with me to test ride next week. Although cannot afford until the season has finished [:(].

They also stock Felt, Scott and others and say that it is far better than the felt B2 which cost around £2500, and the Cube is only £1899. They are German so must be efficient etc!!

It does mean some serious off season training to justify not loking like a knob if you cant ride the damn thing at a good pace. Still i'm averaging over 34Kph over an Olympic distance at the minute. Soon be up to 40Kph!!
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    sexy
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Aaah, there's nothing to motivate you more over the winter than being scared of looking like a tool on a fancy bike come next season! [:D]

My Dolan Mythos will be arriving this week. Yeah, I know it's 'only' £1000, but it looks damned flashy, and I'm going to have my work cut-out to justify it.

Bring it on!
  • TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    They do look pretty good and well worth the money.The first one with the xentis kit i think is about £3799.But cracking bikes i have to admit.Itle deffinently put CUBE on the map
  • combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    Apparently 220 reviewed the Cube Aerium Team in Oct 07 - if anyone has the magazine handy.......
    Hopefully get to test ride it in a week or so. Anybody got any alternatives to this for around the same money??
  • paulfitzpaulfitz Posts: 67
    Focus Chrono Izalco???? (£2,399)
    You can build a planet x with 50mm aero wheels for about 1700-1800.

always the cannondale slice at 1500, with hopefully a new model out soon.

I'm also thinking about a custom build kinetic one for 1800.
  • BarbsaramaBarbsarama Posts: 73
    I've just got one of these and LOVE it!!! I tried to attach a PDF of the review but it won't let me. So the review is here: http://www.thewashingmachinepost.net/ and you have to scroll to bottom of page and look for Bike reviews then click on Colnago CLX

Go the Colnago [:D]
    oh, everyones getting new bikes! its no fair! I want a new bike!
    Are you sure about the spec of those bikes?

Because according to the official spec, the 1899 one is the one with Citec 3000 wheels, the one in the 2nd picture is about 2600 with Easton 90 wheels and then the xentis one is 3k something.

I also think there is some trading standards issues in those photos, as they only seem to have photos of the ones with Easton 90 or xentis wheels, when they are advertising the model with Citec wheels.