Home Chat General Chat

When do you wear your compression clothing

Hi

I have just got my first pair of skins and was wondering when

you think its best to wear them for maximum recovery?

[ol][*]Night[*]After training[*]During training[*]All the time[/ol]

Andy

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Also if I am feeling a little chilly..
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    I wear my compression gear during training to (hopefully) prevent any soreness after training, but if the question is 'when

you think its best to wear them for maximum recovery?' then post training would be my answer[:)]
  • woodywoody Posts: 52
    the other question that needs asking, does it actually work? I have a pair of 2XU comp tights, and they came out in a test as the best, but I can't really say I notice much, if any difference. How about the rest?
  • combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    I have a pair of the 2XU tights too and I found them excellent following compartment syndrome decompression surgery - held everything together nicely [:D]

also they do have a big effect on DOMS so reduce the mornig after effect of a big breakthrough session

Iain.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I had a pair of skins, they started off well but now (about 2 months on) they dont seem to have a significant affect on recovery now. So I went out to get myself a pair of 2XU, about 2 weeks ago, absolutely great. I just hope they don't fade like the skins, which I'm very disappointed in! overhyped crap in my opinion!
  • trispacetrispace Posts: 25
    I'm all for compression clothing, especially post training/race. I've tried with the compression socks when I've been out on longer runs, but they tend to restrict the muscle contractions in my calf muscle, this is with trying different sizes too.

I must say though as a post race thing I find them brilliant. I tend to suffer from a bit soreness in my achilles at certain points throughout the season but once I have the compression socks on they seem to contract the calf through the compression which relieves the tension on the achilles, aiding a quicker recovery.

The technical blurb also suggests that they improve circulation and decrease swelling, which all goes towards the speedy repair of tired and damaged muscle fibres.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m2.gif[/image]only at bachelor parties. [code]

[/code](which of course I would never attend).
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I use the 2XU tights and to my mind they work. I've posted elsewhere that on a Friday, after my 20kM run I would usully limp between two shops, but with the tights on (under my breeks) I can actually walk. I also wear them to recover after a tough brick session and once again they speed up recovery and reduce soreness. It may be a placebo effect but its a good placebo effect