Home Chat General Chat

220 Competition, entry issues?

Is anyone else having problems trying to enter the 220 competitions?

I've have been trying to enter various competitions on the 220 website for some time and my entry is never accepted for whatever reason. I am using Mac Os 10.5.4 with Safari 3.1.2, I have also tried Firefox 2. I always seem to get the error "Sorry, there was a problem submitting your entry, please try again." or a invalid entry error?

I would not normally write to inform of such error's as I normally think the web administrators must be aware of the issue, however this has been going on some months now which makes me think maybe you are unaware? I even tried to email Amy Schroeter the supposed online administrator however my email got returned saying no such address.

Come on 220 you can do better than this [:(]

Ps. I really want the race shoes!

Comments

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    yep, im having same problems.
  • grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    I just tried to enter on my work PC and it still didn't work, so I guess this problem isn't exclusive to Mac's...
  • TheCuckooTheCuckoo Posts: 6
    I would really like to enter but I get the same error message. PC, IE6, WinXP.
  • grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    Great there is some new competitions I still can't enter [:@]
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Yup. Been trying to enter them for the last 2 months.

I'm a newbie, so really need the kit!

Someone out there is winning them - would love to know how!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Does anyone out there actually know a winner of these competitions??

An ex colleague of mine used to work in a PR office that delt with magazine and supermarket competitions,and the winner would be chosen from a specific demograph and not at random from the whole entry.

Just thought I say something rebellious.
  • ashthetashashthetash Posts: 164
    Does anyone out there actually know a winner of these competitions??

I've refrained from commenting so far as I didn't want to point out that I enter by post and as far I am concerned the longer you lot can't enter online the better for me.[;)]

Both herself and I have won competitions in the past. She got a lightweight rain jacket and I got a set of USE Tula aerobars. £450 of freebie bars, but I did have to buy some shifters. The whole lot is worth almost the same as the Giant OCR1 I've fitted them on.

Of late the giveaways seem to have changed. There seems to be far more free entry to events or training days rather than actual physical stuff. But heigh ho free is free so shouldn't complain.