Home Chat General Chat

UK 70.3 2009 Pre-registration

Hi All

If you are interested 09 70.3 pre-registration is now open

http://admin.eventdirector.net/resources/IMUK/SITES/60/default.asp?PageID=15376

I.

Comments

• scott298scott298 Posts: 122
    I wonder why they haven't announced date or venue yet?

usually they have that by now!!

I hope its the same route!! that bike and run route is becoming almost legendary!!

I know its no alps but for a 70.3 profile its pretty tough!
  • hey thanks for that. by the way how did you find it? i have been looking on the website every couple of days but no 2009 info or pre-reg at all that I can find.. is the pre-reg only open to previous finishers?

thanks [:)]
  • I went to the main IM UK website and followed the link!! I to wonder why no date as yet......
  • grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    I'm nervous all ready!! Not even entered yet, this will be my first 70.3, figured if I'm gonna do it, may as well be the hardest in world, everything else after should be easy!
  • Ditto for me....
  • ...and me!! Ah, just think, all that training still to come ;-)
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    godluvsatrier wrote:

...and me!! Ah, just think, all that training still to come ;-)

That and getting clearence from the wife to train / enter

;-)
  • grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    Do you think they may combine the Wimbleball 70.3 and the Sherborne Ironman into one event? Just intrigued as to why location and dates are not announced?
  • Lucky - too true!! I think my fiance is horrified at the thought of not only me training for weeks on end instead of sitting in front of the tv with him but when i said id probably have to use up holiday on it and spend a couple of nights down there it was nearly divorce courts before the wedding!! hehe [:)] but i think ive talked him round!!!
  • HarriHarri Posts: 40
    Yowsers! Just submitted the pre-entry (thanks for the link). Just how tough is the UK course? I've heard some pretty scary things about it....
  • abrewerabrewer Posts: 41
    Done mine pre registration already and can't wait to take it on again. Would definitely spend some time there beforehand though and do the bike course. Although the run is a bitch as well so well worth a scout around (I didn't bother and regretted it).

Also a nice place to spend a weekend for non completing partners as well.