Home Chat General Chat

Highworth Triathlon

LindsLinds Posts: 124
Right I have finally managed to inspire/persuade my mate (who was going to do the Bath tri but didn't) to do a triathlon, and he thinks the Highworth Triathlon looks good time and distance wise.

Has anyone had a crack at this event before, as all information/feedback is gratefully received.

Thanks

Comments

• GraemeGraeme Posts: 48
    Hi Linds

The race is new this year, but as I'm on the organising team, I can give you a basic run down of how it's going to be.

The swim is in Highworth recreation centres new indoor pool and will be 400 or 16lengths. The bike course is 13miles on a road course through a couple of the quieter surrounding villages and will be fully marshalled at corners etc. The run is 3miles and will be a couple of laps of the golf course which is mainly hardpacked path and trail.

The emphasis on the event is for first timers although all are welcome and I would say that a large chunk of the entries we've had so far are triathlon virgins or newbies that will be in the first year although all are welcome and we'll try to cater for everybodies needs.

If you want any more info, then please feel free to give me a call on 07920 827588 and I can run you through anything you could need to know.

We're also thinking about doing a course recce the weekend before if anyone wants to have a quick guided tour of the course and a look at the facilities, but this will be based on demand.

Cheers

Graeme

• LindsLinds Posts: 124
    Graeme

Thanks for the info.

It will only be mt second triathlon and my fiends first, so i guess we fit quite nicely into your target bracket.

Unfortuntaely I am running the bristol Half Marathon the weekend before, but I will try and get out to view thw bike course at least sometime before that.

Look forward to seeing you on the day

Linds