Home Chat Race Chat

London Triathlon

Anyone doing London?I am off at 8.30am.

Comments

• WisemanWiseman Posts: 10
    Me - First timer - Olympic - 1.40pm Sunday - Hoping for some favourable weather conditions!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    do it-love it-live it.
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    Sunday, 0700, first Oly distance....

Should be "interesting"
  • off at 8.30am sunday. means leaving home @ 5am. any other early starters driving through the night for the delights of swimming in a rancid tank, busting your a## on a bike and then finishing it all off with a lovely calf bursting run !!!! triathlon we love it.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    My first Tri too - Sprint distance at 12.15 on Saturday (or, 117 hours, not that I'm counting nervously...!)
  • JenniJenni Posts: 3
    Have a 12.40 start on sunday and according to metcheck.com we might be ok with the weather! fingers crossed! hoping its not quite as hot as last year though!!!
  • Have to wait all day till my 3.40 pm start on the sunday.

Please wait for me at the end[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Dave BoyDave Boy Posts: 94
    Good luck all did this twice you will love it fast course.

Mattyc looks like we are in same race I,ll be in black 2xu suit with Boxfit on it.

Anyone got any predicted times.I am looking for 2.25 fingers crossed.

Lucky one of my team mates in your wave as well.

www.boxfit-luton.co.uk
  • hlidhlid Posts: 7
    I'm off at 2:40 on Sunday and looking forward to my 4th year at London and the first where I'm looking for a time and not just to finish!! We are there for the whole weekend to cheer everyone on although can't promise to see the first waves off!
  • ChunksChunks Posts: 1
    I'm off at 07:30 Sunday. My first Oly and I'll be happy to get around in under 3 hours.

I went to get some club kit this week and found that I'm still too much of a chubber to get in their tri-suits (slightly de-motivating). Still, the weight keeps falling off....just wait till after this winter.

• Good Luck Chunks - I'm in the same wave as your good self. You can get a Craft trisuit in XXL for us portly chaps. I'm 6' 3" and 19 stone and fits me fine.
  • dave boy it looks like you are in a different league to me i would snap your hand if you could guarantee me sub 3hrs. definitely starting to feel a few nerves now, i think it's the fact that all the trainings done and sitting around waiting seems a bit lazy.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Best of luck to everyone. I will be supporting a couple of mates going off in the 8.00 wave on Sunday morning
  • Dave BoyDave Boy Posts: 94
    MattyC we are all in the same league.Good luck and enjoy.Shame we don't all know each other would be good to cheer and be cheered on.This site needs some sort of kit or logo so we can give support to each other.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I'm off at 15:10 (I think) on Sunday afternoon. I've got a hip injury which prevent me running (in theory), so I've revised my aim of beating last year's 2:38:04 and going under 2:30.... this year I'll be doing the swim and bike, then seeing how the run out from T2 feels. There's a good chance I'll just go through the timing gate out of T2 to get my split time then DNF.

I'll try to knock up some kind of 220 Forum badge to pin to my t-shirt before the event. Say hello as you go past! Wonder if it will be OK to write 'Bopomofo' across the bottom of my race number?