Home Chat General Chat

am i too late

get yourself a copy of 220, look in the back. it has all the events left this year. There should still be some available.

Comments

• TeaJayTeaJay Posts: 29
    Hi Guys,

My brother and i are currently training for our first tri, he's in the army and as such is a little bit fitter than me, however i will be ready in about another 6 weeks to hit my first event.

my swim is probably my strongest even with cycling next and running.... well lets say if i stagger home i will be happy.

my question is, are there lists of national events i can look at to try and get myself registered arond 8 weeks time or am i / we too late for this year now ?

although i cycle and swim and have done for the last few years i am new to all this so please forgive me if i am posting an obvious question.

any help welcome really,

• JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Check out the events tab at the top of this page on the main menu.
  • TeaJayTeaJay Posts: 29
    thanks for the help guys !

I'm targetting a sprint tri in clevland on october 5th. need to check availability first.

are most events pretty acomadating or will i just get in the way of you pro's ?!?!

basically, how do i make sure newbies are welcome ?

also, i read all swimming should be in wet suits, is this the same for pool swims ?

i am now probably asking lots of questions that have been asked before but i didn;t see a FAQ area on the forum so appolgies up front !

• LindsLinds Posts: 124
    TeaJay

You will be amde to feel very welcome. I did my first tri a few weeks ago and it was great and everybody was very helpful.

There are more begineers threads on here than pretty much any other topic, so I won't repeat them all, just advise you to use the search button and set aside several hours to read them all.

Enjoy

Wetsuits aren't allowed in pool swims and nearly everyone wears a one price (although some wear 2 piece) trisuits s you wear this for every discipline.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    I'm a beginner as well TeaJay. only one Super Sprint under my belt. (Eton) and that was great. You'll find some great advice on this board. Just before my first tri I asked what I should take and the responses I got helped me write a checklist of kit.