toadtoad Posts: 104
Have been watching in awe great britains cycling team,

Suprised none of them have red bikes

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    did they win any medals??
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    All of them! well almost

We rule at cycling! on the track we are unbeatable!
    that's impossible; no red bikes and still got some medals???[>:]

That means something must be wrong with our red=fast theory???

Oh my god, panic, I've ordered a cervelo that has red in it!!![:o]
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    The bikes were black,

so do a stones and paint it black! with carbon paint of course. maybe chuck some porridge oats in there gives it a texture like the zipp wheels, all dimpled!
    duely noted.

Thanks for revealing another way to cut of minutes of my PB.[:D]
  • toadtoad Posts: 104
    you guys crack me up

Will hold you fully responsible if there is an influx of red bikes in triathlon and no porridge oats on the supermarket shelves
  • TTX PROTTX PRO Posts: 225
    yes it is amazing.Team gb are riding pure carbon black and ile tell you somin else dont know if any of you guys have noticed that team gb ride bikes with a traditional cutout like on this kuota

[image]http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/giro/cabinet/intermax/kaliber.jpg[/image]

rather than the more fncy cutout and more streamlined looking cutout seen here

[image]http://www.tekn.ycone.fr/public/marques/Pinarello/pinarello-montello-fm1-carbon-2008-d.jpg[/image]

looks more fancy but there not as so aerodynamic as they look thats why the traditional half cutout is making a comeback becouse there just as fast and team gb ride bikes with the half cutout and of course its also down to the riders aswell such as bradley wiggins and chris hoy,victoria pendalton etc.....
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Scratch the surface & I bet there is red there..stealth red.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    My new bike is ultra-dark stealth red. I will concede that some people would call it 'black', but just hold that thought until I overtake you.
  • paulfitzpaulfitz Posts: 67
    As you can see, my bike is ultra light coloured red, also known as white. But I do have lots of red bits on it!! :)

• Excuse the ignorance but what is the difference in those two bikes?? is it the front forks just? (am trying to up my bike expertise!!) x
  • Ah, but just think how many more gold medals we'd have if they rode red bikes. It's a sign of good old British sportsmanship that we give the other teams a chance by having black bikes.

I, on the other hand, am not good enough to forego a red bike. As you can see from the photo below (Windsor), my totally red bike was sooo fast that the photographer nearly missed me.

• sorry, totally failed to get that to work.... Just in case anyone's interested, the photo is for competitor 1824 at Windsor on the Sportcam website (though the joke's probably lost it's moment now.....)
  • toadtoad Posts: 104
    Nice red bike tiring tri ing,

and fair dues to the photographer for even contemplating that his shutter speed would be fast enough to catch it on film. [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]
  • black color is cool.
  • transittransit Posts: 163
    Godluv, I know it was asked a few days ago but the difference is the seat tube - the one that runs from the bottom bracket (where the cranks would attach) up to where the seat post/seat go in. On one bike it is pretty much straight but has a cutaway to allow the rear wheel to be close to the tube. On the second bike the tube is actually curved to follow the profile of the rear wheel. Does that make sense?

Of my 4 bikes, none are red, I'm taking myself outside for a good talking to and review of finances for bike no.5 - Project Red