Home Chat General Chat

2 Weekends, 2 Races

I've entered the Warwickshire sprint on 5th October and recently learned of a local race of equivalent distance (400m swim, ~20k bike, 5k run) the weekend before which I'm also keen on. If I race on 28th Sept, will I have enough time to recover for the race on 5th Oct? I'm of a decent level of fitness and am racing above "just want to finish" level, but don't want to do anything that will have a seriously adverse effect on my performance on 5th Oct.

Comments

• transittransit Posts: 163
    For sprint distance events like the ones you've described, doing two on consecutive wkends should be absolutely fine. Not alot more to say really other than if the 5th Oct is a bit more important then maybe don't go quite 100% the previous wkend - it just depends on your race experience. Even if you did go flat out you'd be ok. I've got loads of back to back events, it's gotta be done![:)]
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Do it!

The best training session you can have is a race! Its not often you get the chance to do a triple brick! I would say you definitely have enough time to recover, and you will do a lot better in the warwickshire race as a result.

Just remember to warm down properly following the race as you don't want to pick up any injuries.