• Options
    BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Pockets.
  • Options
    TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I have my gels taped to the aerobars!
  • Options
    jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    i do all of those! in previous races i've had gels taped to the top-tube and aero bars, had energy bars in a bottle holder mounted behind the saddle and just taken whatever was on offer on the course. for ironman uk (only 16 more sleepies, yikes!) i'll be using a top box (only recently discovered them, very handy) for energy bars and taking the gels they provide on course
  • Options
    BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    I race mainly olympic distance so all I take is two energy gels maximum. This year I've started simply sticking them up the legs of my tri suit. I put them there before the swim, they are easy to access during the bike and if I don't use one it is still there for the run in an emergency.

It is also very easy to put the empty packet back up there, as I can't abide people that throw there empty packets away when they've used them. It should be instant DQ for those that do.

David.
  • Options
    Boycie I agree with you about the littering, at the last Busselton HIM they threatened a DQ for littering and there was hardly any gel packs/banana skins etc on the course. We have enough problems trying to get the backing of local coucils to be able to run our events so it helps not leaving our rubbish all over the roads/countryside. A DQ was also threatened for not using the 'facilities'.

FW
  • Options
    Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    I watch a program last year about an ironman in florida,

and one of the pro riders had flapjacks just stuck to the fram of the bike, them things were everywhere.

At the time i thought weird.

Now i think what a great idea