Home Chat General Chat

Tri220 Tri Team??

2»

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    good thing we can't pass treefrog, since we all know his bikes are worth lots more than all of ours together[8D]!!

Mean,no way Tommi, I'm sure some more nasty stuff will turn up here anytime soon.
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Will be there Bopo in my go fast red suit. We could all make some sort of sticky badge for London with the 220 logo on and forum name so we can be spotted.

Just download the logo print off and laminate on some sticky back and there you go...wil try later
  • BEEFBEEF Posts: 43
    Tri-virgin here so please be gentle......

Regarding setting up a 220team how about speaking to someone like SiS (Science in Sport) and similar companies and see if they want to come on board as a team sponsor. I know their regional rep is a triathlete and would possibly jump at the chance of getting involved. They produce some good quality cycling kit and sponsor triathletes so more advertising on quality kit would help get things started.

Just a thought.....

BEEF
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Ha ha , loving the line. I need to but more red though!!!
  • stevedavis82stevedavis82 Posts: 110
    Any progress on getting us registered??? cant remember who was looking into it!!
  • trispacetrispace Posts: 25
    The idea of a 220 team sounds good but I agree with the other guys about the logistics of team training in a specific location, however!!!

Here up north a new 'team' was created at the beginning of this season. A couple of guys from different tri clubs started it up 'Total Racing Inc'. They now have a fair few members (most of the top racer in the north east, but claim people were not poached!!!)but do not have a set 'club' type training sessions at a specific place due to living locations. They just attach themselves to local tri sessions and pay as they go!! So an association to 'Team 220' is very very possible!!!

Sounds rather good!!!
  • I think this is a mint mint idea. If it went ahead Id totally join 220 northumberland. or even if it was purely a web based 220 in general team. would be cool.
  • triadtriad Posts: 62
    sd82, great idea, if Team 220 was to compete in a tri in the Uk, I'd get myself there, if a Team 220 top was brought out I'd buy it and I defo think it would be fun to challenge our Forum rivals (I can't even bring myself to mention the other name :)).
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Great idea! It's cool, it's trendy, it's 'new media', and it's probably faster as a result.... a virtual tri-team.

I love the idea. I'd be more than happy to race in Team 220 colours, log my training for all to see (when I'm not injured...), submit my results for team events etc just like a 'proper' tri club.

Right.... where's an Origin Publishing marketing person, or 220 editor when you need them. Support us and we'll support you, right?

BTW just received my copy of the latest 220 and it's a cracker... seems to have recovered after going a bit soft a few months ago.

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    our race colours are red and black right? I'm sorted then, Im just gonna tipex 220 forum on the front!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    our race colours are red and black right

Aah... The Force is strong in this one.
  • Yeah bopo agree - 220 did go slightly flat for an edition or two but iot's got back its vibe!! its my fave read and its what makes pay day worth waiting for - getting to got to the shops and buy my mag!! and then wish i was a millionaire when they to kit tests!! I swear if i won the lottery id be one of these that blows the lot in a couple of months .. well and give some to my mam and dad!!

but virtul team 220 who be so easy im sure... would be pure class. just think how stunning the team kit could look?!!?!
  • en51nmen51nm Posts: 41
    I would definately buy a 220 Team shirt/trisuit and would try to make it to an event as well.... I think the event should include an open water swim so we can vent any anger we have at other members in the mass start [;)]
  • How about getting clumps of people training together first........e.g. South/West London & Surrey etc. Prob once a week/fortnight for a good cycle, i'm sure everybody has some good routes. Then we can all work on getting regional kits etc/t-shirts for events.

I'm living in Wimbledon (SW London) and do all my cycling in surrey and richmond park. Anybody fancy a Sunday cycle or join in with my team on a saturday (with a pro GB ironman coach on scooter as we peloton around the surrey countryside) then let me know.