Home Chat General Chat

Motivation HELP!

Am i the only one but this year i have reced six times (this my 1st yr of Tri) and each race better than before.My last event was London olympic and got my pb of 2hr33min but since then i have only trained for six sessions and they just seem to be hard work and i cant get motivated to get out the door let alone compete in my next race in three weeks. Is this normal or have i done too much allready this year.

Maybe a good kick up the A** IS WHAT I NEED.

[:o]

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Presumably London was your 'A' Race? Its not unusual to race 6 times in a season, even though it is your 1st. But most people give their races a priority rating normally A-C, this provides a framework with which to build a training regime on, with the aim to peak at the A races. Most athletes will have max 2 or maybe 3 A races, some have just one, as is not really possible to hit peak more than 2-3 times a season.

Even if you didn't consciously set out your races in this way, it is likely that you were building up to the big 'A' at london, and so now you've done it, and done so well (congrats on that by the way, thats a great time) you've hit the peak and are now coming down the other side! Some people just end their season this way, after their peak event, however as i think london is a little early to end the season its great you have another event left. Maybe treat this one as a kind of 'B'/'C' priority race, a good lead into the off season.

If I were you I would have a nice relaxed enjoyable race, and really use the opportunity to focus on each aspect of your race, and analyse what you could do to improve and what you should work on in off season.
  • triadtriad Posts: 62
    Sounds like you've had a great season. I'd have a bloody good rest after the last race. The break will help motivate you for some off-season training. after a good break, you'll be raring to train but without it you'll just end up feeling like you're grinding it out.
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    And i would think that it might not be a motivation point but a mind point.

Ie Your body is very tired after the season you have had and sub consciously, your mind is telling you to rest/slow down but your interpreting it as a cant be bothered attitude ( motivation).

Rest well

Keep the training ticking over and go from there.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Remember its a long winter without races..cold, wet, dark. Well ok so we have the cold & wet right here right now, but the days a still longer. Get out there & enjoy it whilst it lasts..even if it isn't as focused as before, experience the sheer joy of being outside for a run, just for the sake of it, a bike because you can etcetc.
  • Cheers all for the advice and i have decided to race on sept 14th but not going to push it.

Have been out last night for a short run/bike and got me legs going and will be off again later for a 10k so will see how that goes. Hope your all enjoying your races......[;)]