Home Chat General Chat

Legs of Steel

Anyone doing the Legs of Steel fundraiser in Surrey on 27th Sept?

H

Comments

• eclectroeclectro Posts: 6
    Yes, I've entered, in training now [:@]
  • HarriHarri Posts: 40
    Have you done it before? I'm a novice triathlete, done a few sprints so far this year which is my first season and ending with Olympic Distance London Tri in a week. Have signed up for the Zurich 70.3 next year so my friend who has done loads of IM's thought this would be good training. Am really quite worried it looks pretty tough. Do you know much about it?! Feeling like a complete idiot for signing up right now. Any advice greatly appreciated.

H
  • en51nmen51nm Posts: 41
    I goto Uni in Surrey so would be interested in taking part if possible!

Where can I get info about it?

• eclectroeclectro Posts: 6
    Harri wrote:

Have you done it before? I'm a novice triathlete, done a few sprints so far this year which is my first season and ending with Olympic Distance London Tri in a week. Have signed up for the Zurich 70.3 next year so my friend who has done loads of IM's thought this would be good training. Am really quite worried it looks pretty tough. Do you know much about it?! Feeling like a complete idiot for signing up right now. Any advice greatly appreciated.

H

About 90km and 1600m climbing from what i remember....I've cycled up that way before, and I didnt realise Surrey had so many hills.

I wont be using areo bars [8|]
  • Signed up weeks ago and am planning on cycling the route this weekend p'raps

TK
  • en51nmen51nm Posts: 41
    Are there lots of people who live in the Surrey area? Maybe we can arrange a ride out sometime....?

While we're on the topic of Surrey, does anyone knw of any good cycling clubs in the Guildford area?

• Anybody fancy a sunday training ride this weekend??? 31st August??? Just signed up and fancy a bit of a pre race reccy.
  • Working this weekend otherwise would have...sorry!
  • RookieRookie Posts: 11
    going to enter it now (if there are still places) - would have been keen to do a training run but have got the seaford tri this weekend.
  • Id be up for doing any sunday up to the race. Let me know if you fancy a ride out.
  • RookieRookie Posts: 11
    Sunday 7th works well for me - think im going to struggle on those hills... guess there's only one way to find out.
  • abrewerabrewer Posts: 41
    I have cycled around there quite a bit and it's a great course with some big hills and would love to do it myself but on hols. [8D]

• Sunday the 7th sounds great for a ride....where do you fancy meeting? I live in wimbledon, so will be cycling there through Esher probably.
  • Live in Earlsfield so a meet in Wimbledon is good for me.

Not sure il be able to do too early though as play cricket and its last game of the season on saturday followed by a few beers!