Home Chat General Chat

Windsor Evening Tri #4

Afternoon,

Anyone else do the Tri last night at Dorney and if so what did you think of it?

Found the first wave was very busy and the start line not very wide to cope with that many peope, Although is a very quick course!!

Comments

• JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    It was my first sprint. Loved it. Ok so it's not the most exciting of venues, but it's just down the road for me so can't complain. I kept well to the left on teh swim and out of most peoples way. Clear water for the best part. Also managed a 5k pb on the run. Just hope the course was accurate[:D]
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    Was there last night to watch as illness during the weekend prevented me from racing, was interesting to see the changes, the transition was certainly bigger, have to say though I think I'd have put myself in the second way just so as to have a smaller fight / swim start I'm sure that anyone ready to race at 1830 just went in the first wave. First time I've actually watched a tri, we're clearly all mad.

Dorney is boring, but a great course to start out on.

Shame my triathlon season is now over, base training and picking races for next year.
  • bryanbryan Posts: 45
    his was my first tried and I loved it. So much harder than had anticipated! Made my training feel inadequate. Despite the fight I set a really good swim time so was stocked with that. Thx to all that encouraged me through the run as I was dead by this stage. All in all thought it was great!