Home Chat General Chat

I need to learn front crowl

hi,

Any chance you recommend a place or someone to learn the front crawl.

I am based in the cotswolds (chipping Norton) and London.

Preferablu 1to1 lesson.

many thanks all.

Comments

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    Hi Jerome I have been exactly where you are (& not that long back either) - based on my experince you would benefit from joining your local tri club, which will (hopefully) run coached swim sessions. most clubs will base their swim sessions around a system called total immersion. Dont be put off thinking hyou need to be a certain level of fitness or ability before you could look at joining either. I tried a few lessons at my local total fitness which were ok but got so much more from biting the bullet and going along to my tri clun swim training. the biggest peice of experince i could offer you is be patient with yourself it will come on faster than you think but will feel so slow at first anyhow. 12 weeks ago I could barely manage a few lenghts of crawl without dying even though was otherwise fit & am now comfortably swimming 1500m.

have a read through some of the threads on here - they have some really good advice & encouragement

madnurse (phil)
  • rebborebbo Posts: 58
    Jerome - I too started from zero and didn't want to to go to the local tri club before being able to swim a length! A real help was a weekend workshop with slippery fish (www.slipperyfish.co.uk) - I was in a group of 8 but Glenn does 1-to-1 lessons too if you want.
  • guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    There is also www.swimshack.co.uk don't know if that is definately their web address but you get the jist right ! Don't know how much your willing to spend they have different packages.
  • TIUK_IanTIUK_Ian Posts: 6
    Hi Jerome,

Just to confirm I do indeed work 1:1 with swimmers here at SwimShack (Thanks "guv") and I see a lot of triathletes. Hopefully the website is pretty much self-explanatory.

Regards

Ian

• plingbootplingboot Posts: 19
    also check out SwimForTri - loads of different London based sessions, including 1-to-1 at their endless pool.

i've been swimming with them since last september and made huge improvements in both stroke technique and stamina.