Home Chat General Chat

Newbury Sprint on Sunday

Anyone else doing this one?

Comments

• nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

I'm not - at a wedding on Saturday, but my sister in law is. Think she's off at about 09.00...
  • jimjim Posts: 12
    I am, first swimmimg triathlon have taken part in lots of duathlons and rowathlons, bit nervous about swim but get that bit over and should be ok! start time 9:27:30. 3 of us from db max tri are taking part so should be good. what time are you off?
  • I'm off at 09:45:30. Number 303. I'll keep an eye out for you Jim - you'll be out of the pool before I'm in.
    sorry i missed you today, how did you get on? weather was good for it, no rain [:)]
  • I thought it was a good day. Rain held off until everyone had finished. PB for swim and cycle and so nearly hit my target.

Target time <75mins. Actual time 76:35. How annoyed was I that the cycle was 0.5k longer than usual (+1 minute) and we had to run around the cricket pitch (+2 minutes). Still if they leave the course alone I can target sub75 for next year - except that I think herself has already set a target of sub 72 minutes and I don't suppose I going to let her beat me without a fight.
    now that explains a lot, going on last years time i thought my run was poor but that makes it not so bad after all[:)] looking forward to looking at the results to see my position, my mates and i managed 2nd team prize for db max tri. will whitmore got 3rd overall[:D]