Home Chat General Chat

Ironman changing tent

Ok, so for ironman want to wear swim trunks for the swim, bibshorts and jersey for the bike and not sure what for the run,. Question is is it accepted form to get bollock naked in chaniging tent whilst changing from one to t'other?

Comments

• To be honest, in all the events I've done I'm far too busy trying to get myself into the right kit at the right transition to worry about anybody else! There always seems to be a certain element of leaving pride at the door of the tent - I've seen men and women in all states of undress that I'm certain would not be their usual behaviour..... We're all in it together - GO FOR IT!! (I'd maybe just move to one side though!!)
  • go for it. I wore cycling kit for the bike and running kit for the run, so was one of many getting naked. They have seperate mens and womens tents anyways

• pacmanpacman Posts: 109
    STAPLEHURSTTRILOVER wrote:

Ok, so for ironman want to wear swim trunks for the swim, bibshorts and jersey for the bike and not sure what for the run,. Question is is it accepted form to get bollock naked in chaniging tent whilst changing from one to t'other?

you should wear what you're comfortable and what you've trained in. You defo need to decide what you're wearing for the run and then don't give a crap about the transition - just get your gear on and go.

• bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    When I did Roth they had helpers in the changing tents, men and woman who helped you strip off and put your kit away in the bags.

I changed from swim trunks to cycle shorts and had some young lady rubbing sun cream on my neck and shoulders while I'm standing there naked. Nice!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Hence the name Ironman????? [;)]

I thought nudity was forbidden in triathlon!? I think there is a rule about it.

Should look it up though.