Home Chat General Chat

Kettle

JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
So question.

Is it cheaper to boil one large kettle or two smaller kettles?

Comments

• loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    what sort of answer do you want?

amusing or technical ;)

• guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    1 large cause you save money only buying 1 kettle plus the electric to heat two elements against 1 large. Plus my time is money and it takes me longer to fill the two than 1 large. Hope this answer is comprehensive enough for you.
  • JasonBJasonB Posts: 303
    Not sure lol. It was just a burning question I had to myself when I was making a brew at work this morning.
    When making your brew this morning did you use 1 large or 2 small kettles to boil the water.
    One large kettle, even though I only needed one small mug lol
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    So did you fill the large kettle all the way to the top or just enough for your one mug?!?[:D]
    Allt he way to the max line
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    that will come in handy when me & loon is halfway up helvellyn - thanks
    Well we could equate it into a tri sort of discussion.

Do I get to the race line quicker going on a higher gear which gets more distance but requires more power, or on a lower gear which requires less power but more speed?

I know the answer to this I think..

They are the same...high gear at 70rpm = 200watts -> low gear at 90rpm = 200watts

Ah but the really important question is how long would you need to pedal for at 90rpm in low gear to get the kettle to boil? [:D]
    Depends on the efficiency/gearing of the alternator and the wattage of the kettle....

Can someone advise me on the correct setup for boiling a kettle with a bike are yu using an 11-23 or 12-25 on the back and a 39/52 on the front?
    I gave up, boiled the kettle and drank the bugger ages ago lol. Tea tasted the same anyway lol
    hey lads ....... havent you missed something this a traithlon forum ... leave tea making to the womens institute (not that I am saying brewing up is a gender issue but if you feel more inclined to discuss such thigs you could also have a thread for make up tips, to tan or not to tan & the obvious one does he really fancy me or is he just using me....)

what happened to the one about peolels fingers dropping off with the cold or crashing off a brand new carbon frame.... you lot have lost it ...

am off to wax my legs before training
    What sort of wax you using madnurse lol
    will you be boiling water to melt it? see its all relevant ;)

Nooooo Morris dancers a scotsmans worst nightmare
    I'll be looking to admit you two at work for the protection of the public if you push this thread much further

madnurse (phil)
    it aint just scots mate... If I could go back and prevent the creation of one of england's "finest" exports I would...

be a minimalist room with avantgarde decor (ie a secluson room and tear proof pyjamas) with built in sink toilet and shower for the next one to deviate away from the traithlon stuff not to mention meds & hospital food. did i mention the hospital is abouit 75% staffed with ..... scousers
  • Mr HappyMr Happy Posts: 2
    [:D]Hello happy people,

did you know that 1 callorie, is the unit of energy required to boil one liter of water, regardless of the size of kettle!!
    [color=#ff0000]A R G H !!!!!!!!!![/color]
  • trisitrisi Posts: 13
    I'm on your side, Madnurse - can't beleive this 'hot' topic is attracting more attention than my valid upgrade questions..... come on, people, help me out here!

[color=#606420]All Forums[/color] >> [color=#606420][Discussion][/color] >> [color=#606420]General Chat[/color] >> Upgrade or new bike?
    If you think this is bad Trisi you should see what they talk about on Tritalk!

http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5976

Although not sure if bad is the right phrase... anyone else think Amanda Beard could boil water? [8D][8D]
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    My kettle has a whistle on it! what a noise!

especially after those pictures.

David
    Never mind that link what do you think of this beauty.

Sorry guys a guess your not going to see my kettle after all as I can't get a picture into the post.