Home Chat General Chat

Repairing Wetsuits!

Hi all

Am currently juggling sport addiction with a shoe fetish (it's a gal thing...) so do triathlon on a limited budget. As such, finally managed to get my mitts on a wetsuit over Christmas at knock-back prices as some young lady had got her claws into the suit - literally. Is it okay to mend this with wetsuit glue? When I looked it up on the websites, all the glues seemed to be for surfing. Are surf wetsuits different material? - I haven't got a clue!

Assuming I can use surf glue, what is the best type of glue to use to repair it?

Runnerbean (aka budget babe!)

Comments

• scratchyscratchy Posts: 1
    Hi - I cant really speak for Triathlon wetsuits as I am also new to the sport, but have been kayaking/surfing for many years, and repairing wetsuits is fine - I assume they are all made of neoprene. I used to use something called Black Witch which is a neoprene glue. I also used to stitch them if it was on a stress point or seam or if there was a gaping hole using strong nylon cord as well as the glue. Not sure where you are in the country, but if you have a local surf shop nearby, they may mend it for you for a few quid

• rebborebbo Posts: 58
    runnerbean,

I was chatting to the guy in my local tri-shop last week about wetsuit repair. Apparently superglue is the best thing for it, although if it's a big tear, then getting someone who knows what they're doing to fix it may be a better bet!

Tom